Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: southwind tunnel dragster

Who owns the 1980 for sale in classifieds section? Are the southwinds fast, stable, safe? Any info appreciated.

lakesmodified
    gunslinger:
    Who owns the 1980 for sale in classifieds section? Are the southwinds fast, stable, safe? Any info appreciated. This one:
    Dragster

Thanks lakes, that was just what I was looking for. Still wondering if these hulls are fast, stable, safe. How would it do with 850 hp bbc?

1Bahnerjet
    gunslinger:
    Thanks lakes, that was just what I was looking for. Still wondering if these hulls are fast, stable, safe. How would it do with 850 hp bbc? ================================================== ================================================== Well to this day they still use them for Drag Boat Racing with Blown Racing Engines!

HavasuDreamin'
    gunslinger:
    Thanks lakes, that was just what I was looking for. Still wondering if these hulls are fast, stable, safe. How would it do with 850 hp bbc? Yes these hulls are fast stable and safe. I have heard a couple of people on the boards indicate that they run real well up to the mid 90 mph range before some bottom work needs to be done to get the hull over the hump into the triple digit range. I have always thought they were extremely good looking boats as well. Unfortunately, I don't believe they are as fast as a 19' Eliminator Daytona or 19' Edge Stealth, so if maximum speed is critical, then you might think twice. Good luck

Jake W
    That one is sold to Pat(Slotracer)and I heard he got a hell of adeal on it.They are some bad ass looking jets arent they.Jake

Gunslinger, here is a pic of "bp" from the boards in his Southwind tunnel dragster running at Bakersfield. Has horsepower in the range you are talking about and runs in the 10.0s at over 100mph.

SK48
    You can pull the kill switch at 100 MPH and they will go straight. Very safe fast tunnel jet boat.

bp
    gunslinger, the little 'ol sw ran very well this past year. it ran between 800-825 hp (comparing dyno numbers with the rpm i pulled going down track) all year long. best was 9.94 @108mph, twice. normally was in the 104 ballpark at the end of a quarter mile. dne prepped 500" bbc, mpd prepped berk jg. 2002 njba 10-10.49 hi-points champ.
    the boat feels very good at speed, and just coasts along. it is a safe hull, kinda on the heavy side when compared to modern cp's. i'm very happy with it.

bp
    that add is a little old. "slotracer" bought that boat from sanger mike 2-3 months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast