Thread: header question??

phegan
    I have a pair of nicson "over the transom" headers.(I dont know what else to call them.)I'm trying to figure out what they fit. The exaust ports are quite large compared to the ford sb i have . they have a seperate flange for each port and they are spaced 4 7/8 " apart. The mounting bolts are offset opposite from one another( in the long axis).
    I am modifying them to accept a set of nice risers i have(the" over the top" risers are welded on and i'm going to saw cut them off and drill and tap the headers(logs?)
    I'm thinking of getting a chevy motor and would like to use these if i can.(They look kind of groovy)
    thanks for any help guys.

sidewound
    Let's see a pic and maybe we can help.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Just guessing it sounds like a Ford FE style exhaust...332, 352, 360, 390, 406, 427, 428 type engines. (not 429-460).
    I'd just sell those and get the correct exhaust for your engine. Lot's less work and headaches. My .02 as a suggestion only.
    (edit) could actually be a big block chev, I may have misinterpreted first post. Measurement between the bolts or a "pic" of a flange would nail it down I'm sure.
    [ March 08, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

Just measured my BBC headers. The exhaust ports are right about 4 7/8" center to center with the mounting bolts being slightly staggered.
    I'm with Rexone. Buy what will work instead of modifying those. Those old Nicson pieces might be worth something to someone doing a "period" resto of an older boat.

phegan
    thanks guys, yea i'm going to the shop tomorrow and i'll take my crappy little digital camera too. I'll give the pic posting thing a shot.