Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Good Old Days.....

GoingPlaces101
    I am starting a website with the soul purpose of honoring the men & women who contributed to the history of drag boat racing. I have over 15 picture books of various meets, programs, clippings etc.., as well as dozens of tapes froms various meets dating from 1973-1985.
    I am the daughter of Bill Place, owner of blown fuel jet, Going Places 101, founder of Place Craft boats. http://hometown.aol.com/goingplaces101/
    It would be an honor if anyone would like me to make a webpage dedicated on giving information, facts and credit where credit is due to interested fans both past and present & to the up and coming heros of drag boat racing.
    Email me: GoingPlaces101@aol.com
    Thanks
    Holly Place

BreLee
    Place Craft Boats... I am ecstatic at your idea of a having a website out there to pay tribute, as well as "set the record straight", to those men and women who made drag boat racing what it is today. It's about time.
    Bill Place.... It is good to hear that name again. Where have you been? I am sure you don't remember me, but one time you were the only one giving t-shirts away for free, and you handed me one. I would love to hear more on your website and how your websites are coming along, and I just want to be the frist to say thabk you for giving those who deserve glorification thier justice.
    Brenda Lee

disco_charger
    I remember "Going Places" and your Dad. Great boat(s). I'll have to see if pops wants to give up some pics and info from his "I'm bitchin" wall!
    wink
    Disco
    P.S. I know you're lurkin pop, I'm trying to get you in here to defend yourself

Jet Hydro
    They said it couldn't be done, watch me, Don't hate .....IntimidateBoy do I know that old saying
    [ March 26, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Jet Hydro ]

Hot Shot
    On your website Phoenix is misspelled ... Phoenix, not Phoneix ... clearly a typo that slipped through.

cyclone
    that's a great webpage. wish i had something useful to contribut to it.

GoingPlaces101
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!
    I can't believe the incredible response in positive emails I have recieved. I appreciate all the great words you all have said about the "Good Old Days". I have over 14 picture books packed full of programs, pictures, news clippings, stats as well on 2 dozen or more videos of various races etc..
    It's definetly a great pleasure to hear all the stories I have heard and all the ones I look forward to hearing real soon. The quotes, sayings and team mottos I have recieved bring back great memories, which is my intent with my tribute website. Keep sending your memories and I promise I'll do the very best I can to bring the "Good Old Days" back.
    Holly

very cool! do you have anything on doug durnell in the blown fever boat or the rated x boat?

LVjetboy
    All I gotta say is, where've you been the last 12 years!!! People here (and other boards) know me as one of the more passionate (some think psychotic?) Place Craft jet boat owners...

A 91 Place Craft custom built by Ron Hamilton. I towed the "Drag-n-jet" home over 2,000 miles through snow and ice. No kidding. Since then the Dragn's run lakes all over the US...proudly representing the breed.
    Since the first time I saw the Place Craft jet at the Dayton Hydrobowl drags I fell in love. Never wanted anything else. To me it's the ultimate jet boat...I'll never own another.

I searched everywhere for information, but little on the net or anywhere. Few seen on the lakes. Don't know much about the Place family or the history of Place Craft racing, but love to know more! Lots of myths on this record 170 mph run...

May I suggest posters available on your site? I think Ron had a good night shot of an alchy(?) burner firing. Kinda looked like that animated pic you had on the site. Or how about that record setting GPII run??
    I know your site's oriented to racing and history prior to my jet's birth or interest, but couldn't resist. I want to know more...
    jer
    [ March 27, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

Holly,
    the site looks great. What a nice thing to do. I'd also like to see some stuff on Rated X. Went to school with Billy Henderson, although he was a few years younger, we had mutual friends, and I knew him a little. Also at Advantage, we had Dave Geonetti (SP?) doing all of the cabnet work on the big boats. He had asome great stories to tell. I wish I could remember some of them to pass along. I always got a kick out of how fast those 2 boats , Going Places and Rated X, were going back then.
    Good luck with the site......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast