Thread: Spinning AA at 5100 RPMS

jstwkd
    I changed out my imp. to the AA I'm spinnig this almost the same as a A 5100.The droop actaully slowed me down no mater were I put it.And its squirly as hell.The tail looks bad ass though.Is there a bigger imp. than a AA?

Heatseeker
    Travis,
    Now I don't have to buy a droop to try it out! Apparently, they don't work too good on our boats. I've heard before that most vee's don't like them.
    Bummer that you spent the bucks, though.
    John

LVjetboy
    Did you build more hp during the swap? For the same hp, rpm should've dropped 300 going from A to AA.
    Aggressor, AT, Dominator and Legend all have impellers with more bite...some as much as 400 rpm from the Berk AA. Whether they'll work with your pump, I don't know.
    How accurate is your tach? Is your pump loading well at full throttle? Also, why do you want to drop down from 5100?
    jer

jstwkd
    I could not keep the boat straight.The tail is cool though.maybe I'll get a wedge instead.I talk to the wife we're coming back from the honeymoon on the 08/22.I told her I'd like to go she said cool.So I'll need to get directions and figure out where to stay.Did kevin get the boat running?

jstwkd
    My power band is between 4500-5000.I started with an A.Went to a B because for some reason thought my power was going to be at 5800.I'm going off a desk top dyno.I hit 79.5 / 5100-5300 with an A No droop.Now I've got a AA with a bowl stuffer and a droop snoot.I'm at about 5100 / 73-75 mph on gps.And I can still cavitate my pump off the line.Oh ya I also sharpened the edge of my intake.

Heatseeker
    Travis,
    Yea, Kevin got the boat together. He's bringing it up to Don Pedro on Tuesday (I'll be up there for the whole week) for the third "maiden voyage" . Keep your fingers crossed, he's had a lousy time of it this year!!!
    Tower is easy to find. It's on Highway 12, east of Fairfield, out past Rio Vista. You can go to yahoo maps to get the exact location.
    Looking foward to meeting you.