Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Performer vs. Torker II

Bense468
    DD what intake are you running now? Don't go a tunnel ram. I would suggest an edelbrock performer RPM or maybe even a real low single plane. Check out Weiands products. Go to holley.com
    Dual Plane

Single Plane

DickDanger
    My edelbrock torker II looks like the one on the bottom. I am confused on single and dual plane though. Bear with me, I am still learning!!! Anyhow, I have had many people suggest that with my set up, I go the dual plane performer route. Sound good? -DD Out

HOSS
    Regardless of the way you go DO block off heat risers.

Bense468
    What does blocking off the heat risers do for you Hoss? Does that make it not vapor lock? I am just curious.
    [ August 10, 2002, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

HOSS
    It meens that your intake will no longer heat up like a cast iron skillet! That translates into a much cooler intake charge which transpires into a denser charge which equals more horsepower. All free of charge!
    Gotta love those bench racing fags!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Gotta love all of us bench racing fags" Especially ones like hoss with all the good lines.

Kwicherbichen
    DickDanger:
    Where is Greg Shoemaker, Tom Papp, or Jim Wilkes when you really need them. My concern is getting more ponies out of the motor, without spending thousands of dollars on a supercharger, or having an upgrade to the point of having to run 91 octane or higher all the time. 2 carb set up is out, tunnel ram is out, I only have 2, 8 gallon tanks, so fuel consumption is defintely an issue. -DD OutDD you can call Tom Mon-Sat from 8-6 and I'm sure he will point you in the right direction. (909)734-4606

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123