Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Puzzle

AZKC
    Well I got the engine in the boat Pretty foggy in my head today. Slow movin but got it done [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57motor_install0015-med.jpg[/img]
    KC

Bense468
    dude for a cheap do it yourself easy fix deal that looks a hell of a lot better then I would have thought.

DICK THORPE
    I Think it is a really good job and looks reallt DREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZKC
    Thanks guys, sent my pump off to PerformanceJet, thats the last piece to the puzzle, about time to get it wet
    KC

Bow Tie Omega
    Hey KC. That looks really good. Way to go. Just thought I would give you an update on the diverter. Spent the day at my dads machine shop. We mulled over yet more changes to the diverter. We are having to make some minor changes so you all can install these yourselves at home with very minor engineering on the stator housing. My boat should be back together and ready for diverter testing in the next 4-5 weeks. The diverter should be done in 1-2 weeks. If the tests go well, we will apply for the patent, securing the design and start selling the diverter. Sorry for delays, working out the bugs has proven to be the biggest hurdle. There is an advantage to circular thrust chambers vs. square chamber as far as designing bolt-on components, we have found that out the hard way. But we have worked the problem and feel comfortable with what we have.I will keep you informed of progress...Joe

AZKC,
    I know what you mean about the puzzle. It feels great to put it back together. Dropped the new 460 in the Advantage last weekend, and broke it in today. Couldn't have gone better..... lit right off, cranked in some advance, brought it up to 2000 rpm for 10 minutes and shut it down. Sounds AWESOME! Pump coupler goes in tomorrow, then out to Elsinore next weekend (bacteria permitting) for a shakedown. New MPD built pump, fresh engine...what could be better.
    Just from the job you did on your bilge, I can tell it'll come together great. There's no feeling like getting it back together and out for the first time. Good luck

Cas
    It's looking real good AZ! Since your pump will be at Performance Jet, maybe I'll take a run over there to check it out and to meet Jim. I just got through rebuilding one of my pumps myself. Wasn't too awfully bad but I had a real good pump to start with....very little gouging in the housing and very tight clearances in regards to the impeller.
    Bow Tie,
    I'm really interested in your diverter and would love to see it. Do you have any pictures you could send via email? I know there's a concern about copying it and would understand if you declined sending anything.
    If nothing else, could you take some pictures of it when you test? no close ups, just pics of it running from a distance to see what the rooster looks like.

Hallett19
    yeah AZ, it looks good man, home use oil based paint, who would have known.... What kind of motor is that, I like the color in the bilge set against the motor. Jim, you should be a (boat) interior decorator Full steam ahead AZ, lets see some more pics.

Cas
    Oh yea, I'm going to find out how a Panther will hold up and what it'll do with this in front of it
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/210engine-med.jpg[/img]
    I just picked it up last weekend to put in this
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/210Dsc00030-med.jpg[/img]
    Which I picked up about 3 weeks ago.
    My 21' boat really isn't built for much speed, it's more for just cruising around.
    Here it is

Bow Tie Omega
    Steve, that is a real good looking boat you have. I will be more than happy to take pictures of the rooster tail when it is tested. Once the patent is applied for I will send you some pics also, as long as this all works out. Thanks for the interest...Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast