Thread: Stuck

dawgdude
    Back for more help. It's a good thing you guys are here or I'de be screwed. I had to pull the floor out of this fantastic deal of a boat I got. Also gotta replace the stringers. So far so good, till I reached the stringers themselves. What's the best way to get them apart from the floor.

corlish
    dawg,
    When I did mine, I cut the old ones out with a sawzall. I just got close to the bottom of the hull and what wood was left lifted out easily. Then I was able to grind the rest of the glass down to get a good surface to set the new stringers on. Pics always help
    Good Luck!
    Corey

Jake W
    When cutting or working with fiberglass hulls A 4 inch grinder with a thin metal cutting blade is your best friend.Some people use the dimand style cutting blade but real thin metal cutting blade works great and cost alot less.
    Jake

corlish
    Agreed ... that's exactly what I used on the remaining glass. I like a 24 grit flex disc too, it is a little more forgiving and less likely to gouge.
    Corey

dawgdude
    Well I just got the last stringer out,,what job. The guy told me that there was some floor work done sometime ago. IT WAS!!!! Some bozo eek! glassed up a new set of stringers against the old wet and rotted ones. and then layed about two or three layers of mat down. After cutting and cussing for the last few hours I was able to get all the wood out. Guess what?? Nmnuts layed two or three more layers of glass done before hacking the new stuff in. Now I have to pull those layers out to get to the old bottom. I thought I could leave it but it's going to interfear with laying the new stringers down. I need to go break something. Thanks for all the help. By the way Corey I found your pics on another site and I'm going to use them to fab up my new stuff. Thanks again.