Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Insurance??

elimination
    I have a 19' Eliminator daytona, OT exhaust,etc. etc. I have too much money invested to not have insurance. Can someone offer suggestions on where I can get insured. I am in California.if that matters. Thanks for any help!! smile_sp

Max_182
    Don't expect it to be easy, I'm in CA too. With OT exhaust all the insurers I talked to turned me down. I've not found sufficient insurance in 13 years.
    For all those who claim they have it, 99% of them misrepresented the boat. This is a false sense of security because if there's ever an incident where the insurance company gets involved, once it's discovered that the boat description was fraudulant the insurer will abruptly cancel your coverage and leave you hanging. So in effect the premiums are paid for nothing.
    Rk

Danhercules
    I just got ins. I told them I have a 18 ft southwind. T/O exh. and they asked about hp. i was honest about 500. An how many carbs. 2 and what kind of intake. I told them highrise. they insured it for 500 yr with 250 didutible for full coverage
    try Remland Ins in Orange CA.
    Talk to Doug Samis and tell them Dan Froehlich sent you.

Danhercules
    hey elimination,
    Did you call the company i gave you? Do you need the number? I can look it up. I know you can get it if you call infromation.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    i just sent in my application for insurance to a place called Boat U.S. I gave them all the info and the quote they sent me was $354 for full coverage. Only catch is they pay current market value in event of total lost. Go to www.boattrader.com Click on the insurance link on the left.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    Where at in Nor CA are you? What year is your boat? How is your setup...

Skullinator
    I don't think boat usa will insure a tunnel but if you call markel direct 414-548-9880 they will insure it almost for sure under there water craft program. This is also where any broker is going to try and get you insured after his fee.

mud duck
    Is that boat sinking?

elimination
    lmao "is that boat sinking"
    Likefatherlikeson-
    I am in the Napa Valley, and heading to Lake Berryessa for Memorial is yer up for it.
    My boat looks very similar as far as setup as yours, Tunnelram with two Holley 750's HP's, 468 with 11-1 pistons,same scoop and everything as yours.I ran ovals last year and changed to Rec. Ports this year. The pump has been worked, droop snoop, hyd. diverter etc. The only thing that looks different is that I am running twisted rewarders.
    And thanks for the info. on teh insurance.call them tomorrow
    Have a good one, Mike

likeFATHERlikeSON3
    Wondering if you got the quote. They just charged my credit card so i guess that means i got it. They didn't have an option for a jet boat, so i put it down as a runabout. 350hp 50mph. thats kinda close. I asked the lady if they had anything in their policy against ot headers and she told me no. What kind of numbers your boat put out. Any pix? lfls
    [ May 17, 2003, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: likeFATHERlikeSON3 ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast