Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: cee bee avenger

Steve Getz
    Hi everyone. Just wondering if Cee Bee manufacturing is still around. I'm looking for the emblems for the stern of my 181 jet.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Steve

Old Guy
    They were in business last summer. I bought a new windshield frame from them for a '76 Avenger.
    I can't seem to find their phone number. I found it by doing a search.
    old

Steve Getz
    thanks .I have their number but they have not answered the phone. That's why I was wondering.....

Old Guy
    He he, now I remember. Same deal, no answer. I think they close up during the winter or something. I also called and got an answering machine. Many times I called. However, eventually the guy (I think his name is Bob) called me back. The guy sounds kind of old.
    Keep trying......good luck
    old

Steve Getz
    Yes-When I was restoring my boat and I called CB about seats he said that they used to make them out of plywood and soak them in water and then form them. It was Bob that I talked to..

Old Guy
    How did the restoration go? I had a 18' Avenger with a 455 olds. It had a Berkley intake w/Aggressor bowl and and impeller and manual Place Diverter. It needed some work on the seats and gel wasn't the greatest, but I really liked the boat. It had some hook in the bottom from the crummy trailer it was on most of the time. When I stored it for the winter, I cut 2 pieces of 4X4 to put on end about 2' apart vertical to support the transom. Then I used the jack on the front of the trailer to jack up the front end. It was a 3 point support for about 6 months. The weight of the motor helped to get rid of the hook. Anyway, I ran across a '76 Sleek Craft tunnel for $500 and that became my project boat. I sold the Avenger.
    Got any pics of yours?
    old

BigDaddy
    Steve Getz:
    thanks .I have their number but they have not answered the phone. That's why I was wondering..... Hey Steve and Old Guy I have been wondering who made the Avenger or any info about it at all and or if anything is available for them or if anyone can run the numbers on mine and make sure it is what I have been told. becouse everytime I see some one who has one it looks different then mine in some way or another. Most people have seen a Pic of my boat but I will try to post another one for yall to see. I was told it was a 76 Avenger but it dont have no windshield and the raised Lip around the Seating area doesnt Change. mine seemd wider or larger in the seating area then the ones I have seen.
    hey if you can share that number i would appreciate it vewry much.

hope you can see it in this Pic

Old Guy
    Here's the one I had.

I have a few other pics.
    old

1Bahnerjet
    Here's Their Brochure [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43zz-med.jpg[/img]
    -------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

1Bahnerjet
    KJ 225 P.S. NO EXCUSES
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43zzz-med.jpg[/img]

----------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive
    [ March 10, 2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast