Thread: Teflon Tape

BrendellaJet
    Im running some hard line right now, from my fuel pump to the carb. Has any one done this before? I have the tubing bent and flared, but was curious if I should use teflon tape on the fittings when I assemble.

Hotcrusader76
    BrendellaJet:
    Im running some hard line right now, from my fuel pump to the carb. Has any one done this before? I have the tubing bent and flared, but was curious if I should use teflon tape on the fittings when I assemble.Liquid form Teflon tape is the best! Get it from NAPA. Trust me! Seal those lines. Aeroquip (assuming that's what they are) says you don't need to, but BS! On a Marine set-up seal those puppies.
    -Ty

hack job
    i have hard line on my carbs it works great as long as its not like brass. heres a pic
    hope that helps! good luck !

burbanite
    I use Loctite 567 PST sealer on mine.
    Don't go overboard with it, a thin coating will get the job done and avoid residue. Don't use tape, small pieces can dislodge and find there way into the fuel system.

superdave013
    burbanite:
    I use Loctite 567 PST sealer on mine.
    Don't go overboard with it, a thin coating will get the job done and avoid residue. Don't use tape, small pieces can dislodge and find there way into the fuel system.Ditto on the tape. That suff can cause problems.

SeaSlut
    I bought some 3/8 stailess, but it keeps kinking when I try to bend it using a tubing bender. what is the secret?

Liberator TJ1984
    I have seen tubing slid inside a firm spring slightly larger than the tubing and then bent around a curved shape as needed and it worked pretty good...