Thread: Barry Grant Carb

Spectra19
    Anyone running one was looking at a speed demon and have not heard much on them any info? 750 or 850 goingg on a 460 with stock bottem end mild cam and ported heads.
    Thanks

beached1
    I'm running the 750 speed demon double pumper. I've been very happy with it. Used to run a Holley 750, I'll never go back.
    It's on a mildly built BBC 427.

Hotcrusader76
    Originally posted by beached1:
    I'm running the 750 speed demon double pumper. I've been very happy with it. Used to run a Holley 750, I'll never go back.
    It's on a mildly built BBC 427.
    Not to down-play Demon carburetors, don't get me wrong they look great, but parts interchangability is non-existant.
    Demon carbs and Holleys don't interchange at all! Fine if you run your motor year-round without changes or engine mods. But adding the common mods to a Demon that Holley's regularly see, is near impossiable or down right expensive.
    If you look at the internals of a Demon carburetor, the metering blocks had extra material put on them so you couldn't use them on Holleys, nor do the fuel bowls swap (awesome marketing idea), and the baseplates are near to impossiable to interchange as well.
    If they were such awesome additions to the racing industry when it comes to modifying, then I would be all over the this carburetor. Yeah I preach Holleys, that's obvious, but Holley vs Demon will always be battle. If you want stock carbs that you might never touch, stay Demon, but if the racing type who never leaves that motor set-up alone; requireing frequent carburetor mods, then the Holley should be your next choice.
    Either way...they are both engineering marvels and have proven themselves over the years as quality performance parts. Both can be made to look as visualy appealing as the other, it just depends on how much you want to spend!
    Thanks
    Ty www.tpcracing.com (http://www.tpcracing.com)

oneultrarat
    Have an 850, very satisfided never have to touch it.

J-P-JETTER
    I got an demon 850 an have had no problems for 3 years now. I did replace the floats with oval track type ones and replaced the feeed needles to offroad type (spring loaded)ones. did ned to I just stay out longer than most lowrider type jetters. Kinda like to freak out the tow-boaters by jumping there wakes, my passengers to http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gifHE HE HE

djdplacecraft
    I am running a pair of them and i love them!They are easy to get parts for all holly gaskets interchange with them so do the jets and powervalves!Im not quit sure wy the guy said the bowls and metering plates dont interchange if u want holly bowls and metering plates buy a holly!
    [This message has been edited by djdplacecraft (edited July 12, 2002).]