Thread: Marine carb?

Striker27
    I have a CVX-20 with the covered engine and from what I can tell it might be important to have one of these for safety sake. I have a Holley 600 on it now and with the 460 think I could use something bigger. The motor is fairly stock larger cam and a stealth intake with some head planned this month. Do you guys think an 850 would be a good choice and if so where is a good place to buy one?
    THANX

PC Rat
    I had some head planned this month as well, but I never seem to be so lucky.

HighRoller
    Can't go wrong with a Holley 750 double pumper.I have one on my stock 454 and it works great.850 will work too but won't give you the throttle response the 750 will on a stock engine.

Hotcrusader76
    HighRoller:
    Can't go wrong with a Holley 750 double pumper.I have one on my stock 454 and it works great.850 will work too but won't give you the throttle response the 750 will on a stock engine.The only safety feature on a Marine carb is the J-tube vents. The differences are the transition circuits in the metering blocks; they are rich for out-of-the-hole response. Throttle shafts are cut a little different to prevent outside leaks, but all aftermarket shafts are done the same.
    Unless the USCG is inspecting your motor for a safety sticker, don't bother with the extra expenses attributed to buying a Marine version. Save the cash and get the auto version-converted.
    What RPM does your motor MAX out at and what is the horsepower?