Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stereo in a 19ft boat?

miller19j
    I’m thinking about putting a stereo in my boat and wanted to see pictures of other people’s setups. Anyone have any pictures of their sound system setups in a 19-foot boat?
    Anything would be appreciated
    “Miller19j”

Kamakazi Ken
    Good topic, one of my next projects
    Bye the way are you a "Dane" also?
    KK. eek! eek! eek! = Bewilderment!
    [ August 21, 2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Kamakazi Ken ]

Nubbs
    I'm thinking about a stereo in mine too, but I'm not sure where to put everything. Some pics would be much appreciated. Also, are there some brands that are made for the boating environment?
    thanks

Havasu Hangin'
    Nubbs:
    ..are there some brands that are made for the boating environment?Hey guys...I just picked up a special "Car Audio" mag that is solely focused on marine audio gear. Found it on a newsstand at Frys.
    IMHO, you don't necessarily need marine gear (anyone go in the ocean?), but some stuff should be considered...like speakers that get wet when people get in and out...
    Marine amps are a waste...if my amps get wet, it's because my boat sank, and I've got bigger problems to worry about....

Hallett19
    Here I am !!! uhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/ultimate...c;f=1;t=003320
    [ August 21, 2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

gotdamp
    I put a new system in my 23.5' day cruiser. I went all marine except the amp because Clarion biggest marine amp was not big enough for me. Well the amp is in for warrantee work (current draw) I think it couldn't take the pounding. The rest of the system has worked flawlessly and sounds awesome: Clarion CD head unit w/wired remote, and matching 6-disk changer, 4-6.5in Kickers and 10in Kicker sub. All Marine except the amp. I'm thinking when they coat the circuit boards for marine use it adds some shock protection as well. And marine speakers are a must if you spend the money on good ones.

LVjetboy
    Mine all dry weather stuff. If it shorts...well then...time to upgrade.

Here's the link: DragnStereo
    Hallett19, nice neons!
    jer
    [ August 21, 2002, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

future boater
    LVjetboy:
    Here's the link: DragnStereo
    jerthats tight!

LVjetboy
    Thanks Future. I just upgraded the rear subs w/red ice lightning neons...will try for a night video + audio once the rest of the boat is done.
    jer

VanDeano
    Im getting ready to put one in mine, except I will not use a head unit (stereo fm/am cd or whatever). I'm going to use my portable MP3 player. I have already tried this type of set up in my Suburban and it sounds awsome.
    Believe it or not, there is a difference in the quality of the way the music sounds recorded on memory then on a CD. But lets not get into that. Not to mention some MP3 players are the size of a ball point pen.
    All u have to do is buy some RCA wires with the stereo head-phone connection. Then just plug the RCA wire into the MP3 player stereo head-phone hole, and plug the other end right into the AMP.
    And then just your speaker wires.
    At Fry's Electronics they have a MP3 CD player on sale right now for $39.00. To me, the best way to go would spend a little more $$ and get the MP3 player that holds memory instead of a CD type player. That way u wouldn't have to worry about your music skipping everytime you hit a wake
    (that is of course if you even have your stereo on).
    And you can get all the free tunes u want off the internet (not suggesting u do that, buying your music is the proper way). wink
    One real nice thing about this type of set up, you dont have the problem of trying to figure out where to put that head unit where it will not get wet. Not to mention running all your wires. And did I also mention all the Free tunes!
    Just my 2 cents.
    [ August 22, 2002, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: VanDeano ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast