Thread: the dark side revisited

Cas
    yep, I'm contemplating it only because of something that popped up here in town.
    Here's a preview
    Campbell V-drive (http://www.craigslist.org/nby/boa/140703225.html)
    yea, it's a cruiser but I'm kind of leaning that way right now. I'm going to head over to look at it a little later on.

coolchange
    I love those boats. (but I''m old school) Another 10 grand and it will be really nice! $1000 dollar trailer (I think he meant $100)? Add a motor and go? and interior and gauges and cables and electrical and batteries and hoses and rotten wood and tires and and and.... but I love those boats. Offer him 1500...

dmontzsta
    That is a cool old boat. If you are looking for a project, that is it. It can be near priceless once it is restored. It looks like there is alot of room in there, even with the transmission and v-drive the V is deep enough so that the floor does not have to have a hump.

InKahntrol
    Go for it! But get the price down as low as you can. I bought my Campbell in similar condition (looked clean, but actually needed everything) for about $4k in havasu and thought I got a good deal. Three years and a full restoration later, I look at the nice $12k boats and think they're a steal.
    Campbells are very cool, they're like giant flat bottoms. Very stout construction, very shallow V. The best part about owning one is the network of owners though. The factory still provides good support, and there are multipe fun meetups every year (Spring round-up is in early May, the Regatta is in September).
    Good Luck!

InKahntrol
    It looks like there is alot of room in there, even with the transmission and v-drive the V is deep enough so that the floor does not have to have a hump.
    The V is actually really shallow on a campbell. The reason the floor is flat is because They have very tall stringers, and the gas tanks are beneath the floor. That way you can have a flat floor that runs from gunnel to gunnel. Just a different way of doing it, I guess.

BA Kurtis
    Campbells are way cool, good luck with it.

dmontzsta
    The V is actually really shallow on a campbell. The reason the floor is flat is because They have very tall stringers, and the gas tanks are beneath the floor. That way you can have a flat floor that runs from gunnel to gunnel. Just a different way of doing it, I guess.
    ahhh. I was wondering why, I really like that. Most other cruisers have the raised floor which interfers with the leg room.

Nailhead
    I was gonna buy this one until my Spectra should up. I'm sure he still has it.http://www.jetboatperformance.com/in...971%20Campbell

flat broke
    I'm not a Campbell guru, so take this with a grain of salt. From an ease to get to completion standpoint, from the pictures, the boat at JBP is a better deal. I believe the 70 that was orriginally posted is a glass over wood or wood deck boat. I'm pretty sure the other one is straight glass. The one JBP has looks a lot like Holy Moly's family truckster and would probably do better with mild power than the cruiser first pictured.
    Just my .02
    Chris