Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aluminum yoke, billet to usable part.

wsuwrhr
    Aluminum driveshaft I made
    I thought I would change the forum the thread is in smile_sp , since the part I made is for a jet drive.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/drive11.JPG[/img]
    Brian
    [ January 18, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

76sanger
    beautiful part!!!!. i checked out your boat pages too. i also love your alt. bracket. did you machine a special pulley for the coupler? im not a machinist by any means. i dont have a driveshaft cover on my boat so the thought of having a billet alluminum shaft and putting the alternator back there is great. what kinda price are we talking here for both pieces?

wsuwrhr
    Thanks for the compliment Sanger,
    I made the alt bracket because I run a crank triggered ignition, and I didn't want any pulleys on the trigger wheel. I liked the look of the wheel too much. I was toying with the location of the alternator and a friend of mine suggested to put it on the pump. The shaft is direct drive so why not? Necessity is the mother of all invention.
    The alternator uses a standard pulley. The yoke I have has a machined section that I slipped a pulley on. Some yokes have this, some dont. You can either purchase a new yoke, or the one you have can machined to fit.
    The driveshaft I made is set up for 1350 U-joints.
    I could make one for 1310 U-joints if that is what you have. I started on the driveshaft
    for the same reason as the alternator bracket, necessity. I had switched from and Olds to a Dodge, and I had the old style Rockwell coupler, that part wouldnt fit, and I had to put my motor an inch or so farther forward. I went to Inland driveline they didn't have an H-bar long enough.I figured billet would be cool.
    I took some measurements,and away I went. So far I have only built them for myself,
    so I hadn't cut a price out, but I would say it would be in the $150-200 range.
    The bracket is cheap comparably at around $35. I couldn't quote you a price for the pulley until I saw what the yoke looked like, but it would be reasonable, say $30 or so. Let me know if you are interested. I am seriously thinking about a production run. I got a better response than I had figured.
    Sorry for the long-winded post, just figured I would give you the whole story.
    Brian
    [ January 01, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
    I wanted to see this at the top again. Shameless.
    Brian

superdave013
    You spammer!
    haha, Now if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!
    Hey, I was looking at your past e-bay sales today.
    You need to make some marine air cleaner tops and BBC dist. clamps brah.

how much for a set of engine mounts?
    pat(slotracer)

wsuwrhr
    I am working on the aircleaner for my twin dominators. Boy will that be a peice. After I made that part, I was hoping it would draw interest to other custom aircleaners. I will do some clamps for the BBC. Doesn't someone already make them?
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Slot,
    Are you talking about the urethane mounts on the website?
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    I am also working on a nitrous bottle bracket.
    Brian
    [ January 18, 2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

superdave013
    wsuwrhr:
    I will do some clamps for the BBC. Doesn't someone already make them?
    Brian Yeah, I'm sure someone does. But so what.
    Lots of people are making those billet air cleaners too. And a guy on e-bay is selling the most pimp NOS bottle brackets you've ever seen.
    Does that mean you should not make them too? Not if you ask me.
    I bet you could sell way way more BBC hold down clamps then you do the VW ones. Hell, I will buy the first one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast