Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thru Transom Headers-BBF

spectratoad
    I have a BBF and am looking for TT Headers so I can dump my logs. Any ideas where to start looking? I know they aren't cheap but just wondering if anyone here has any leads to save a few bucks. Any manufacturer better etc... Thanks for the help.

Hallett19
    Cant lead you in any money saving direction, if you want a set, you will bleed, trust me. But they are available. Talk to rexone, he should have them, if not he will tell you who does. When/If you get them, let me know, I am very curious to see what kind of improvments they make as I too have a BBF.

Jet City
    Bassett and Lightning both make em. The Lightnings are pushing $2000., but they have waterjackets and can be used with engine covers, the Bassett's use waterlines and should not be used under engine covers, they run around $750. Bassett will discount them $75. if you have them skip the chrome plating. I myself would much rather have them ceramic coated.

spectratoad
    My engine area is covered so the chrome is not a big issue. What does the ceramic coating do? Is that for heat dissipation?

GlastronGuy
    Rewarder has the headers for $650

[ August 17, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: GlastronGuy ]

spectratoad
    Awesome. I am going to give them a call. That is quite a down angle on the headers. How do you turn it out to the transom? Wouldn't that give alot of wear on one side of the rubber exhaust tube? I have seen them blowout because of too much heat at one spot on the rubber. Just some lack of tech knowledge questions.

hack job
    spectratoad:
    Awesome. I am going to give them a call. That is quite a down angle on the headers. How do you turn it out to the transom? Wouldn't that give alot of wear on one side of the rubber exhaust tube? I have seen them blowout because of too much heat at one spot on the rubber. Just some lack of tech knowledge questions. with a covered engine you can not by law ( nor is it a good idea ) to run injected headers they get too hot i run lightings on my bbf and they are awesome i believe if you call jan at lighting they migh be able to do some thing for you.
    as for the bassetts better loose the engine hatch if you are going to run them ( that also gose for rewarders)
    hope this helps
    wink

checkmate76
    if lightning headers are water jacketed just like the others (bassett, etc..) why can you run these under a hood and not the others?
    also Lightning headers cost around $1700. eek!
    is there that much$$$ difference in HP compared to log manifolds?
    (I'm speaking in terms of low-HP motors like say 400 HP.)

Hallett19
    checkmate, the bassett's and rewarders are water INJECTED, not jacketed. They will get just as hot as over transom headers, so under a hatch, they will get hot as hell. Water jacketed is basically what logs are, a tube that carries water over the header tubes.

GlastronGuy
    hack job:
    spectratoad:
    Awesome. I am going to give them a call. That is quite a down angle on the headers. How do you turn it out to the transom? Wouldn't that give alot of wear on one side of the rubber exhaust tube? I have seen them blowout because of too much heat at one spot on the rubber. Just some lack of tech knowledge questions. with a covered engine you can not by law ( nor is it a good idea ) to run injected headers they get too hot i run lightings on my bbf and they are awesome i believe if you call jan at lighting they migh be able to do some thing for you.
    as for the bassetts better loose the engine hatch if you are going to run them ( that also gose for rewarders)
    hope this helps
    wink My bad. I thought injected was fine for TT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast