Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet pump rebuild

Red Horse
    I need to get my pump rebuilt. It is a Berk JG. Who in the Vegas/So Cal area is good with this. I want quality and someone that has done this a few years. Any suggestions. Cp Performance will rebuild with new impeller, wear ring etc and stage 1 blueprint for 659. I want some one more local.

RandyH
    Red Horse:
    I want quality and someone that has done this a few years. Marine Performance Designs
    Jack McClure
    1760 Monrovia St. Unit A-7
    Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627
    949-631-2040
    http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/
    Good Luck, RandyH

Dr. Eagle
    I don't know of anyone in Vegas I could recommend (son lives there and has an Ultra), but CP is Berkeley now. I am sure you know they bought the Berkeley Jet company. So I know of nobody better to do that kind of work than the manufacturer...just my $.02 worth.........
    [ September 28, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Eagle ]

Red Horse
    Dr. Eagle:
    I don't know of anyone in Vegas I could recommend (son lives there and has an Ultra), but CP is Berkeley now. I am sure you know they bought the Berkeley Jet company. So I know of nobody better to do that kind of work than the manufacturer...just my $.02 worth......... That is why I want them (CP) to do it. I am a hands on guy and dont want to ship it, get it back and feel that it is not right. If it is more local I have some control over it. Not much, but some. Thanks for the help.

Red Horse
    RandyH:
    Red Horse:
    I want quality and someone that has done this a few years. Marine Performance Designs
    Jack McClure
    1760 Monrovia St. Unit A-7
    Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627
    949-631-2040
    http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/
    Good Luck, RandyH I looked at this guys website. Looks like he knows what he is doing. I will give him a call and see what he has to offer. Thanks

Dr. Eagle
    I totally understand not wanting to ship the pump to Northern Cali. I had a prop with a Bronson Hill marking on it and I refused to ship it down to So Cal. to his shop and took it to the local shop here in Sacramento. They did a great job on it.
    So I am sure there is someone in vegas, havasu or maybe as far as riverside to do the work. Much farther than that, seems like you might as well ship it to CP.

Dr. Eagle
    Just checked out the site myself. That looks like a very clean operation, I think you will be in good hands.

I am a hands on guy and dont want to ship it, well since your a hands on man why dont you buy a rebuild kit and impeller and do it yourself ,I did its really not hard at all. I would recommend HTP, but Duane won't call ya back if you call him, and he's not there!(bad business man) I would tell ya about it but.....well let me tell ya he has a hell of a product (ultimate wear ring) maybe thats why he dont care if he returns you call or not..sorry but I just had to warn ya oh yeah if you do use HTP be sure and check your credit card billing!! and check what he ship you cause if he dont have something he will ship every thing that he has!and say's he will ship the rest as soon as he gets it. (thats bullshit!)he will forget and he wont call ya or ship it!!as you can see I tell it like it is and dont give a shit what he thinks!!!but other people think he's the best person to deal with..and he probly is if you live in Kansas!!ever hear the saying "out of sight ,out of mind" well there you have it!! but I think you could do it yourself !!good luck what ever you decide!! wink
    Mark

BrendellaJet
    Dr. Eagle:
    So I know of nobody better to do that kind of work than the manufacturer...just my $.02 worth......... If the factory work is so good, then why are there people like Jack that are in business ? I wonder if Dr Eagle knows Jack or if he has spoken with him. Based on his answer I am guessing that he has not spoken to or met Jack. If you want it done right and want to have it done in SoCal, MPD is the place to go...Look in my gallery and you will see pics of my MPD Pump. I have not put it back in the boat yet, but others who have had MPD pumps will recommend him above all others.

Jake W
    Markist tell us how you really feel.Hum he must have a direct line for Mo people because he is uasualy there when I call if not Brian can help you out.Every body I have delt with has had (in stock or shipping)problems at one time or another.Well every one but MPD but you know I did call the other day and they were out to the races whey dint he leave his cell phone number then I could have bugged the shit out of him all week end.Just remember when dealing with these people it is better to let them know in person or on the phone then on hear.I hope you have better luck next time with who ever you deal with.
    Jake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast