Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Dyno'd my new motor at Westech today

wrightnow
    Yeh, Don't let Corinne here that..

Windy
    Did nobody get a pic of me driving the boat
    It was good seeing you and your family Mark.
    MissHBjet

cyclone
    randy has been slacking with the pics. i haven't seen any from his camera yet.

Blown 472
    HBjet:
    Blown 472:
    No need to take the engine out, just take it to the drags. So the drags will tell you how much power a motor is making? Are you serious Blown?
    HBjet Funny, they cant dyno a fuel motor but are able to figure out the hp, by use of a mathmatical forumla that uses, mph, and weight, and bingo you have REAL WORLD HP.

ChetCapoli
    cyclone:
    You all can keep on living in your delusional world where nothing can ever be done and no one can ever do something different. Are you guys saying you have done something different here?? Who's being delusional now???? Lets not forget that randy's hull is the FASTEST V HULL EVER MADE. Yours just might be second cyclone. Jeff B ran that "liberty" hull to somewhere around 110mph with under 500cu(may just be 496cu) coincidence?? I think not. Your shops just happen to pick the hulls that run well..VERY WELL. No majic pumps or motors, just hulls. That is not just a variable, its the ONLY variable here. You both have proven boats to run the number but yet you'll cheerlead about the motor/pump shop being the only factor. Something different...you make me laugh cyclone. Why dont you guys take it to another dyno to back up those "inflated" numbers. 5600rpm doesn't get me excited, it's right were you should be(and it doesnt equate to 731hp either) I got one shop in california i know pretty well that just so happens to have a dyno. I'll mention it to him and see if he might want to get involved. Of course i dont know about you guys....might let the cat out of the bag. Why take it to another dyno...i can hear it now.
    Hey HB, i told you on my other post the exhaust port hinders those heads tremendously. Last i knew cast retains the heat more than aluminum no?? Your going to run your number(in the fastest v hull made) so in the end, what difference does it make right? I just have to work on getting close to ya is all.
    CHET

cyclone
    First- i've not cheerleaded for any shop. My motor was assembled at home by myself and MikeF.
    Second- I bought my hull out of the boat trader with zero input from any shop or anyone on this board. Its my second Rogers boat and i bought it because i like the way they look and handle.
    Third- my point about doing something different referred to starting with a stock crate engine and not spending a fortune with an engine builder in order to have a motor that made good power. That was my original point. I did not say go to DNE or anyone else. I simply stated that i spent minimal amounts of cash and made x amount of horsepower. You can take it for what its worth. I had nothing to gain by posting my motor specs. The smart money would have been on sandbagging my numbers so that i could surprise people on the water. How hard is that to understand?

revndave
    THE HP AND MPH SOUND GOOD TO ME.MY FRIENDS HAVE BAHNERS THAT RUN LOW 90 WITH 700HP.I CAN BUILD A 1000+ OUT OF MY GARAGE.JUST DONT KNOW HOW I DID IT.LOOKS LIKE WE NEED ANOTHER RUN WHAT U BRUNG.

cyclone
    exactly. i think we do need another RWUB. I have a feeling the naysayer's won't show up for it though. If it does happen, i vote for a different time of year and location. Seems to me that past RWUB's have been rained out.

Blown 472
    Does that inclued everyone? even the guys with the smaller motored v drives??

cyclone
    RWUB or no RWUB i'll be on the water running my boat. If you feel the need to bring someone else's boat just to find out what i've already told you about mine, then go get some. Otherwise, i'm over this whole debacle. Play on player!