Thread: Water Pressure Regulator

Leather&Lace455
    I was just in Hi-Techperformance.com website and found they offer a Water Pressure Regulator to prevent water in the oil problem. Is anyone using a Water Pressure Regulator from the jet to feed the motor??

diggler
    Leather&Lace455:
    I was just in Hi-Techperformance.com website and found they offer a Water Pressure Regulator to prevent water in the oil problem. Is anyone using a Water Pressure Regulator from the jet to feed the motor??I bought one from Boat U.S. It had a guage on it, and could take up to 150PSI at the source and reduce it to 10-60PSI range. Cost $37.00
    I ended up taking the damn thing off, because even when it was wide open, my engine wanted to get over 200degrees. I just ended up adjusting the gate valve to control temp without it and used the Bassett T-valve to control water to the headers.
    Hope this helps

Jungle Boy
    I'm not sure who makes the piece that I run, but it's a "T" with a spring loaded pop valve that plumbs into your main water intake hose before it enters your engine. It limits the engine water pressure to 5 psi. I have ran them on both my boats for a few years and have never had a problem. I beleive they are available at Rex marine.

HBjet
    I bought mine at Grainger and it has a max 400psi input and a 25-75psi range output. It was like 50 bucks. I have mine set at 25-30psi
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/regulator.JPG[/img]

My motor runs at 140-145 degrees and when I come off plane, the temp go up to 155 degrees. Never had a problem.
    HBjet

jwbbuck
    I've also had good luck with a regulator. Initially, I left the regulators in the Bassett T fitting (header water) and the 4 port thermostat housing, but I've gotten rid of both of them since then. I tapped the manifold and added a pressure gauge. I set the regulator to 10 psi and see 160-190 degrees all day, WOT or extended idle.
    You don't need to mess with sizing feed / return lines or monkeying with a valve. Definately worth the 35 bucks and a few fittings.

GlastronGuy
    I put one in the intake manifold.

Whats the reason for regulating pressure? and what would it run at if you didnt?