Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BASSETT or REWARDER ....WHO'S BEST ???

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    The Lemons are BAD. eek!

1slowboat
    i was going threw the same dilima when i needed some new headers and my old bassets lasted for 18 years, 1985... eek! so i went with bassett again... orderd last thurs. and allready got them today.. man they look good and less exp. than rewarder, came with the T, gaskets, new water injection lines,and ss header bolts. orderd the twist headers. my old ones were the straight with bell.( clasic)i looked the chrome jobe over and perfect! no flaws at all going to put them on tonight....... shipping and everything was $655.00
    I think that is a very good deal, considering rewarders cost more and dont fit well
    just my 2 cents

Wicked1
    I think rewarder headers are cheaper, as far as jet bbc hearders rewarder

sdba069
    Hey 1slowboat...........I get $595 + freight for the Rewarder twisties everyday.They also come with all the pieces you mentioned.Also that's pretty interesting on the shipping time.I'm not but a couple of hours from you and it takes 5 days to get anything out of California unless you pay for special freight.Freight normally runs about $25 on the headers for UPS ground to here.

1slowboat
    SDBA069,.... jawdrop The rewarders i saw online cost more than what you charge....thats a good price!by the way, thanks for all the help mem.weekend,with the dist.rollpin and filler neck rubber.see ya soon
    when is the end of year blowout at plowman?

checkmate76
    For the cost of new bassetts or rewarders, you might as well have your "Sandersons" re-coated(chrome, powdercoated or ceramic coated) if you like them that well. theres alot to say about old nastalgic parts-built better, last longer, look cooler

2allbeefpatties
    Rewarders are by a much superior header. Jim at rewarder takes pride in making his stuff.

Jim B.
    In case you haven't noticed already, next time your out at an IHBA or NJBA event take a closer look at what the pros are running. You will find that 90% or more run Jim's (Rewarder) exhaust. I think that says alot...

Bense468
    Jim B.:
    In case you haven't noticed already, next time your out at an IHBA or NJBA event take a closer look at what the pros are running. You will find that 90% or more run Jim's (Rewarder) exhaust. I think that says alot... That because he is there giving them good deals. You can find him out at ming on race weekends also. Which is a good thing. But they work the same as bassetts. To be perfectly honest bassetts or rewarders are not the best headers but they work good for the price.
    A lot of racers run custom headers also. Like davis or lemons etc, but they get expensive.
    [ August 23, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123