Thread: Panther Jet

AZKC
    Anybody have or researched their "Jet o Vater" I am thinking of getting it done over the winter (not that we have winter in Tucson) while the motor is out for HP upgrades. I understand from talking to the peeps at Panther it involves some machine work but still fits under original cover.
    Cost is around $750.00 plus $325.00 to freshen up the pump. Trying to take care of a massive porpissing :-) problem and of course blasting a few lake lice would be a bonus.
    Thanks
    KC

Bow Tie Omega
    AZKC, well, I was in the same boat as you 1 month ago. From my research, the Jetovator pretty much gives you the ability to point the nozzle down, but not really up. While this will help with your porpissing, you most likely will not be blasting lake lice. The conversion at ADM with the Place Diverter will rob your boat of some serious power.
    So, I have gone to plan C. Courtesy of my father, and some friends at work, and some hi tech machinery we will be designing and building one this winter. I do not know how it is going to turn out yet, I have been doing some rough designs on the cad. They are engineers and machinists who love people telling them that it can not be done. Do you have a plan C available to you. It just might be the ticket...Good Luck...Joe

AZKC
    Bowtie
    I have thought of using hydro trim tabs but they seem a little spendy. But if the place diverter they offer takes away some hp I'm going to stay away from PJ's diverter. My 21 footer is pretty heavy and I'm adding about 100hp just to get it respectable.
    I'm assuming your pump is a Panther, have you delt with the factory and what if any work have you had done. Mine looks real good after 20+ years, only wear is the bowl is pretty sandblasted.
    Good luck on your project keep us posted.
    KC

dankirk
    AZKC,
    What he was saying is that ADM can modify a Panther pump to fit a place diverter for a Berkeley jet onto it, and that is the performance robber. Panther's jet-o-vater doesn't hurt performance, but points down more than up. This would work fine for your proposing problem, but it won't throw a Berkeley-style rooster (which is inefficient and just for show). I have a 23' Mirage daycruiser with a Panther, and I added Bennett hydraulic trim tabs to take care of my propose. They work great, and can level the ride when one of my side-mounted fuel tanks is empty.
    By they way, you can find some great old Panther videos here:
    http://www.cinemashares.com/video.html
    The "Go Wild" video is really funny!
    Enjoy. Dan