Thread: 06 660 rhino motor 4 sale

02HoWaRd26
    Hey any of you guys blow the motor in your rhino I am pulling the stock motor out of my 06 it is over going serious surgery, now so I do not need this motor it has around 50 miles on it maybe, so it needs to leave so i can toss 3 cylinders in its place. make an offer not sure what its worth so.... But I do know you cannot buy one from yamaha complete.

wsuwrhr
    But I do know you cannot buy one from yamaha complete.
    Silly as it may seem, that is the case.
    You can buy honda motors all day long.
    Do you have any idea what it is worth?
    It has low hours and runs perfect? You are talking complete, everything?
    Brian

Outnumbered
    Be carefull. You are likely to blow apart the axels and diffs on that thing with all that power. Why not just hop up the 660 and call it good? Not to mention the added weight on the suspension. I bet you open a can of worms and end up wishing it was stock again. Just my $.02

wsuwrhr
    Be carefull. You are likely to blow apart the axels and diffs on that thing with all that power. Why not just hop up the 660 and call it good? Not to mention the added weight on the suspension. I bet you open a can of worms and end up wishing it was stock again. Just my $.02
    Maybe,
    My thoughts as well.
    The axles/CVs are pretty splindley. The shop is working on a hopped up Rhino right now.
    Stroker crank/big bore/porting/carb/pipe/dyno time. The whole deal.
    We'll see.
    My thoughts are people are trying to use these utility carts for sandrails, and basically it is just a Raptor motor with a bigger gearbox. Too much weight and too little power.
    But hey, I am just as guilty spending money on toys.
    Brian

02HoWaRd26
    Ya I have thought of the problems but hell if it does not work I wil just try to sell it to WW. and build a new one. We are using 300m axels beefing up the diff mounts so they are rigg ed as all hell and well we will see other wise I buy another new motor, and start over. but someone has to do it. there is a shop in CA. putting a honda civic motor in one you talk about weight my motor is only going to be around 75 pounds heavier according to the guy doing it up for me...

Outnumbered
    Ya I have thought of the problems but hell if it does not work I wil just try to sell it to WW. and build a new one. We are using 300m axels beefing up the diff mounts so they are rigg ed as all hell and well we will see other wise I buy another new motor, and start over. but someone has to do it. there is a shop in CA. putting a honda civic motor in one you talk about weight my motor is only going to be around 75 pounds heavier according to the guy doing it up for me...
    Sounds bitchen, let us know how it works out. Try to do a little stop watch testing before you pull the old motor to see how much faster the new set up is.

02HoWaRd26
    Oh definatly going to do tons of pre testing and after testing

TOBTEK
    WOW....someones going BIG. What make and size motor are you going with? Cool to see all the R&D going on with Rhino's now. Make sure you take photo's for us all. If you need to ditch all your sysp for the added weight, let me know....Id love to have all that So-Cal megabuck stuff(for a cut rate ).....you dudes are BALLERS

Magic34
    I've driven one with about 42 HP and it was sweet. More than that would be sick, but a safe 42 HP was killer so you should be stoked with whatever you are doing in term of power.

I will buy your motor if it is reasonably priced. Could you please email me asap at willis_brent2@hotmail.com as i dont come on here often. Im running a supercharger on my rhino and just put my connecting rod through my case.