Thread: Any Jet boats in Orlando Fla. area ??

I may be relocating to the Orlando area, and just wondering, if there's any fellow jet boaters in the area??And what lakes are there to play on !? if so please let me know so I won't be depressed about moving I hate to move.. devil

Here's a link to a webpage for Tampa Bay jetters. It's quite a ways from Orlando (obviously) but maybe they know some people to the east of em too. BobT runs the site and is a real nice guy. I'm sure he'd help you out if he's able.
    Tampa Bay Jetboats

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
    IT'S ONLY ABOUT 35 MILES FROM TAMPA BAY TO ORLANDO, NOT TOO BAD...BILL.

SB
    It's more like 75 miles. Depressed? There are LOTS of lakes there. You get boating year round. You can be in the ocean in an hour. Welcome to FL.

ttmott
    I live just East of Orlando in Merritt Island. There are not many jet boats in the area; at least anything serious (just a bunch of rice burners). I do most of my boating on the Indian River (salt water) and for fresh water on the St. Johns river. The St. Johns is heaven for fast boats; mostly outboards. Half of the worlds population of hydrostreams are here and they have some fast ones. I have been running my 18' Sleekcraft jet (see URL) all over the area here and take great pleasure stomping all over the OB's. The boating here, I think, is great! Depending where you will be in Orlando the St. Johns is always within an hour. There are also lakes everywhere. The only real issue is the envirowhackies are trying and succeding in getting the boats off the waters in the name of the manatee.
    web page

hey fellas, thanks for the replys this is probley going to make the move easier for me now that I know that I can boat all year! Tom that boat of yours is sweet maybe we can hook up and you can take me for a blast down the lake . keep kicking those OBs ass's !!looking forward to getting to meet new peeps! thanks again , Mark

waterslinger
    MarKist, I live in GA right on the FL line and tow
    my boat down to astor and go to silver Glenn Springs. Very nice place to hang out with boaters.
    The glenn is just off lake george. welcome to the
    south. http://www.silverglensprings.org/