Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat Survey

LVjetboy
    I am interested in your comments. There's a survey on the jet boat forum with questions about Hot Boat Magazine content. Here's the results so far:
    http://users.lvcm.com/lvjetboy/***boatSurvey.jpg
    And here's the questions:
    If you subscribe to Hot Boat Magazine...
    1) Do you want to see more small (<24 foot) Hot Boat coverage? (Yes/No)
    2) Would you like less offshore (24 foot and over) and poker run type coverage in exchange for more small Hot Boat coverage? (Yes/No)
    3) Do you want more technical articles and custom upgrade projects for small Hot Boats? (Yes/No)
    4) Would you like less new boat performance evaluations in exchange for more technical articles and custom upgrade projects? (Yes/No)
    If you want to make a difference, let your voice be known. Either on this forum or at the jet boat site.
    jer
    [This message has been edited by LVjetboy (edited January 13, 2002).]

n2boatin
    It sounds to me like all you guys can think about are pickle-dics and tunnel rats. If your opinion of a hot boat is a canoe with a big block blown nitrious fed engine that sounds more like a twenty thousand dollar engine sittin on a five hundred dollar 1942 duck huntin canoe. So why the hell don't ya spend a little more money on the BOAT instead of the engine. Because after all, it is the boat not the engine that floats.
    SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LVjetboy
    So I'm thinking that's a no? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    jer

euby
    1)yes
    2)no
    3)yes
    4)yes
    i have no interest in a 1000hp fancy painted surfboard. there are plenty of "***boats" between 18' and 26' that you sit in and not on!
    just .02

LVjetboy
    I’d like to thank everyone for vote and survey comments...yes even the “no’s.” I will forward the results to Hot Boat magazine’s executive editor. Of course, this survey was incredibly unscientific and proves nothing but that most of us small boat owners want to see more small boat coverage in HBM. But I wouldn’t be surprised if a 100% poll of all Hot Boat subscribers would give similar (although not nearly as overwhelming) trends. And it does highlight a large void in magazine coverage of our hobby. A void I think someone will fill...if not them. Survey closed.
    Later,
    jer

Donzi26ZX
    1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. yes

mach1 454
    Originally posted by n2boatin:
    It sounds to me like all you guys can think about are pickle-dics and tunnel rats. If your opinion of a hot boat is a canoe with a big block blown nitrious fed engine that sounds more like a twenty thousand dollar engine sittin on a five hundred dollar 1942 duck huntin canoe. So why the hell don't ya spend a little more money on the BOAT instead of the engine. Because after all, it is the boat not the engine that floats.
    SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    first of all, maybe we cant afford a 80k boats. we like river boats because in my opinion they look better and are much more fun to drive than a offshore boat!! and doesnt a bad ass blown big block look alot nicer when its popping out in a jet boat. second of all we spend our money on the engines because on a jet boat you can actually see the engine, and thats one reason you spend so much money on the engine so you can show it off, unlike you guye that have hatches over them. 3rd of all i can see that you dont know boat values, because jet boats are worth more money than you think. and last of all most jet boat owners work on their own boats unlike some off you guys that dont know crap and have your boats serviced
    see ya!!!!!!!!!

HavasuDreamin'
    Amen . . . and thank you Mach1 454! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif
    Oh yeah . . . . .
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. maybe . . . I kind of like to see the new stuff even though the average price is way out of my league!
    [This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited February 15, 2002).]

77charger
    Originally posted by n2boatin:
    SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well let me see i want to buy a 200,000 offshore boat because i want to drive in a lake,I have to make up for what i dont have between my legs,and it will make me cool.well i will admit i cant afford a big ocean liner for the lakes but get by with my boat and have more fun on it.I have been in big cats and vees in the ocean(which they are made for)but you cant ski in the lakes with them pain to haul around and store.Well my jet will hold beer and woman on it so it will work fine for me.

2prop
    Hey 77Charger not everyone with an offshore boat shares the same ideas as 2nboatin, fact is there's a place for all types and size boats fresh and salt water boats,it is a personal taste we all share,,,,,,just my .2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast