Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To droop or not to droop

Mr Twister
    Hi, I have a 79 Southwind TD and want to know if it needs a droop snoot or not. Is there some sort of measurement or test to find out before buying one.

MAXIMUS
    Mr Twister:
    Hi, I have a 79 Southwind TD and want to know if it needs a droop snoot or not. Is there some sort of measurement or test to find out before buying one. Call Dons pump service. I believe he is close to your area & could offer some sound advice. Check the magazine or web site for his #

HARDIN18
    THAT IS THE QUESTION!

hd&boatrider
    Mr Twister:
    Hi, I have a 79 Southwind TD and want to know if it needs a droop snoot or not. Is there some sort of measurement or test to find out before buying one. I bought ERIC455's 78 Southwind and have been told that the Southwind hulls will benefit with a droop snoot. I plan on putting one on as soon as I can.

wet77
    I have a 1977 wriedt maverick berkley jet
    anyone heard if a droop would be good on my boat?
    Thanks !!

jet496
    Every boat reacts differently. The good thing is they are relatively inexpensive (around $250) and only take an hour or so to put on. Try it. You will notice a difference. Will give you more lift, so you should gain a couple mph & your rooster tail will be a monster.
    Can cause porpoising, but my kids love that about it.
    Wet77: Contact "Place Diverter", they should be able to tell you if it'll bolt on. I imagine they have an adapter fitting for it.
    [ July 09, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: jet496 ]

wet77
    will do thanks for the advice!!

AgentX85239
    I have an '89 Eliminator with a place diverter but no roost will this do the trick?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    AgentX85239:
    I have an '89 Eliminator with a place diverter but no roost will this do the trick? You might need to readjust the cable. Does your nozzle go all the way up? If not adjust the cable @ the diverter so it will be all the way in the up position then check the diverter control(it may need adjustment also).

Danhercules
    You did not say what size southwind. I have a 18.5 southwind. I was talking to Greg and GS Marine,and as I was told, he knows his shitznit. He told me to not put a droop on, just go with a diverter, he said unless I am gonna circle race. He said it will make the boat very unstable. He also said bigger boats really could use them. So, I went with is advice and put a diverter on and no droop. With the diverter on its trimmed out nice. Passin on the info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast