Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Super Jet????

HammerDown
    Looking for info on a 1975 Sanger Super Jet, Anyone have one, or know about these Jet Boats...Looking at one out here (east Coast) for a friend. The boat is in mint condition...Berk 12JG Pump A Imp., Droop, Ride Plate, Place Diverter, MSD, 454 Chevy. A-1 Condition, very clean trailer (may) be bought for $5000.00
    The intake on this boat mounts from under the hull! And the intake has a shoe molded into the intake...non adjustable!
    Once again looking for info if someone may have one of these boats...(ASAP)...thanks HammerDown

djdtpr
    Hammerdown my buddys dad has one they are a realy nice boat and believe it or not they do haul ass it will probably run in the high 70's low 80's and it is a mild 454 with original set up on the pump!

BK
    I had one for five years and just sold it a few months back. It was also a 75. It was pretty fast, had a bit of a porpoise at cruising speed but took a nice set at higher speeds and ran mid 70's with a 500hp BBC/Berkely. It was a very rough riding boat that didnt handle chop well. Hope this helps. Here is a photo of mine.
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0LQAAAAUQEmnsgbc5sfx36ciU3aPewmXTQJhlP*DHZo2jIGx2G ST*Ijo53lR3BSuYQgvYIX*ulMU/sanger2.jpg[/img]

HammerDown
    Thanks for the replys and the pic... I'll foward the info to my bud.
    Seems all in all its a pretty good (jet) boat.

Licketty Split
    Porpoise my ass. It like hydralics man... I had one, miss it too they are prone to hook in the tunnel areas. but they do take a good set at speed so I dont know if the hook was intended or not.

HammerDown
    Licketty Split:
    Porpoise my ass. It like hydralics man... I had one, miss it too they are prone to hook in the tunnel areas. but they do take a good set at speed so I dont know if the hook was intended or not.Hey L Split...explane what ya mean by (hydraclics), thats a new one to me...I checked the bottom, no hook to speek of. Looks really good down under.
    Any idea what a mint looking Sanger Jet would be worth???
    Thanks again Ray

Heatseeker
    I rode in a Super Jet a couple of Summers back. Had a real crisp 468 in it. The thing was a rocket. GPS'd it at 91 mph! A real nice boat.

HammerDown
    Well we went to pick up my bud's new Sanger Super Jet today...this thing is unbelivable clean. We put it in the local river on the way home...what a (Dog) out of the hole! I'm thinking it needs the the motor dialed in (timming) isn't advancing fast enough...and the impeller looks like it could use the bitting edges cleaned up. But the boat looks like it was put together last week. All high dollar stuff on the boat...but I gotta make that thing Rock...or he won't keep it!

MOON-DAWGIE
    Well.. Hammer... you know who will buy it if your buddy doesn't want it anymore. Dan sent me the info on that boat on Sat from a paper up his way. I was going to call him today, oh well.
    I'm still looking for a Jet.

HammerDown
    Moon-Dawgie...I'll keep ya in mind, if he sells We checked timming, at 4000 rps it was only making 28 degrees of timming...WAY to low. We need to get a spring kit for the MSD Dist. As I stated above this boat is mint condition! Everything new. Awsome paint (House if Colors) Tangerene solid color, with a pearl in it. New White trimed buckets and new carpet, and the list goes on. I'd have that boat in a heart beat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast