Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: old rigger..............

Danhercules
    You seem to have a ton of knowlage on classic jet boats. What can you tell me about my '75 18.5 southwind? I would love to know. thanks.

Dan,
    Don't know much about the Southwind except that it was probably one of 3 most splashed boats from that time. The v-bottom I mean, not the tunnel. Great looking boat, worked great and was fast, what wasn't to like about it? It was no wonder when it was coppied so much.
    Last year there was a good discusion about Southwind either here or over at Banderdog and the guy who knew volumns about them and Phil Percivel was Jack Mc over at MPD. He's the guy you need to get a hold of and pick his brain. He's got some GREAT stories about boats, their builders, and racing. Now that I think about it, it must have been at Banderdog, I've never seen Jack post over here.

Danhercules
    i will check over the and do a search.

Danhercules
    By the way, what do you mean splashed? Copied?
    The whole boat?

BiggusJimbus
    Splashing is the process of taking all or part of a finished boat and reversing a new mold off of it. This process probably accounts for about 80 percent of the boats that exist today.
    That's why there are so many "common" themes. The bubble deck, the T deck, any number of similar bottoms.
    If it works, it's been splashed. Sometimes, even if it didn't.
    Jimbus.

pops1
    old rigger:
    When you comming over-Dave

Looks like Jimbo got rid of a ton of the archived stuff from banderlog. Remember when he ran out of space a while back old rigger? Should've backed up all that stuff. It's not like I didn't have the harddrive space.

Danhercules
    Maybe thats why I cant find anything. cry
    I am really gettin into the Jet boat thing.
    My wallet is starting to cry now too!!!!
    Any more Ideas about how to find info on my hull?

pops1:
    old rigger:
    When you comming over-Dave Dave,
    looks like it'll be after the CBBB deal. Got the boat about done, just a few little things to finish and I thought I'd look at the wheel bearings to make sure they're happy and one of the spindles is junk. The guy I bought the boat from said he had some trouble with it, boy did he. Now I scrambling to get an axle made, out the door right now to have it welded up. Glad I didn't wait til Tuesday to check this
    Dan,
    again, get ahold of Jack. Also might try Dave (pops 1) he's not only a jet guru, he's a racer as well. I bet he's got some info on Southwind.
    Squirtcha,
    I think if I was the boys at Banderdog, I'd have saved every word Jack typed for us to read.

Cas
    OR,
    I asked on a few occasions for help in saving threads with good info when Banderlog's hosting service was having the space problem. Not one person stepped up to help out. As it was, I spent 12+ hours going through post after post until my wife got a bit angry. It was at that time I'd had enough so it all went ka-put. I agree though, it's really too bad it was all lost.
    If only I could have gotten some help.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast