Thread: American Turbine pump maintainance?

BBB
    Can anybody clue me into what type of regular maintainance is required on an American Turbine pump? All I've been able to locate is a zirk fitting at the bell housing / front pump shaft location. My gut tells me there must be more....
    Thx- BBB

rivercrazy
    Youve got it pretty much covered there. There is just 2 zircs to worry about and thats it. One near the engine bellhousing and the other inside the nozzle at the center of the bowl. Just use a very high quality 100% synthetic grease (I use Neos red). Every 30 hours is generally plenty. Just pump the grease gun into the rear bearing until you just start to fell resistance (no more or you might blow a seal). The front bearing has a weep hole and you can't really blow the seal unless your using a powered grease gun but can make a hell of a mess. Just 3 or 4 squirts once in a while is fine (unless you like cleaning up excess grease!). Its as simple as that....

BBB
    Originally posted by rivercrazy:
    Youve got it pretty much covered there. There is just 2 zircs to worry about and thats it. One near the engine bellhousing and the other inside the nozzle at the center of the bowl. Just use a very high quality 100% synthetic grease (I use Neos red). Every 30 hours is generally plenty. Just pump the grease gun into the rear bearing until you just start to fell resistance (no more or you might blow a seal). The front bearing has a weep hole and you can't really blow the seal unless your using a powered grease gun but can make a hell of a mess. Just 3 or 4 squirts once in a while is fine (unless you like cleaning up excess grease!). Its as simple as that....
    Thanks for the info but I have another question. The zirc location that you describe as "the other inside the nozzle at the center of the bowl" Is this "inside" the bowl accessable through the nozzle? If so will I have a hard time because of my droop? I can't seem to locate this zirc?!
    -BBB

Hustler
    You have to remove the droop to get to it, I have the same problem but the trade off is worth it.
    Hustler