Thread: AMC jet info needed

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    My buddie is looking at a boat with a amc jet. The hull looks real nice in the pic but I have never seen a amc jet. are they any good? Do they have a trim system? This is a first boat and he is getting a smaoking deal on it. He just wanted me to ask my fellow jetters online.
    Thanks,396

disco_charger
    I do believe that you are referring to a Panther Jet...AMC and Panther Jet had a partnership in the 70's. I guess it's an ok combo, but you aren't going to want to put any serious power to it. I'm not a big fan of Panther Jets, or AMC for that matter. Parts are a little tougher and more expensive than Berk related stuff. My humble opinion...
    Disco

wfodude
    Man I had that combo in my first boat...A 17 foot haskell that had a 360 AMC and a worn out panther...the motor ran real strong and after a quick JB weld clearance job on the panther it did ok too....not anywhere like most of the lake rockets now but it did an honest 50 and pulled skiers great

PussyPusher
    I have that very combo right now. Its not to bad for a little river boat. I have had it to 55Mph. I will say that parts arent hard to find at all. The local Autozone has had most of them. As far as the Panther goes, Well it works for skiing and playin around. If you are looking for a jet that is just gooing to screem on the water you might want to look elsewhere. I have had the boat for 2 years now and its never let us down the olny thing I have done is changed the points and the oil. If I can answer any other questions let me know.
    Shawn