Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumbing???

AZKC
    Bear with me here, I took my boat apart almost 2 years ago and I need some confirmation on the plumbing...
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57plumbing0001-med.jpg[/img]
    I'll call this the t-stat housing(no tstat of course)I have them running to the t fitting that hooks to the pump to supply water to the engine.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57plumbing0010-med.jpg[/img]
    I'm pretty sure about that. But there are 3 fittings on each of the logs, on the front 2 and under neath the back into snail is 1.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57plumbing0002-med.jpg[/img]
    On the front the hoses from the water pump outlets are hooked to outer most front fittings and the inner most fitting has a hose that I hooked to the fitting back on the snail under neath.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/57plumbing0005-med.jpg[/img]
    I had the old hoses and did not mess with the fittings it all seems kewl just looking for confirmation on routing
    Thanks in advance
    KC

hack job
    try this

hope that helps wink

flat broke

hack job
    i win!

flat broke
    Thats frickin scary

AZKC
    I'm buyin a lottery ticket, 2 post twice at the exact time eek!
    That is way diff than my set up. Pros and cons?
    May be another of those Panther oddities .
    KC

hack job
    the only differance is your not preheating your water throught the logs before you run it in the block. its no big deal but if your water temp dose not come up try it the way in the diagram. good luck. wink

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I just recently re-routed my water and man what a difference. I came out of pump and y'd it into the back of the logs then exit out of front of logs and enter block. Now this is where the magic is. I have a block off plate for the thermostat housing with a hole tapped 3/4"npt. used that outlet and ran the hose directly out the back of boat. Then I took the plug out in the intake on front of motor about 4 inches from thermostat. This plug was in the water jacket. put a 1/2"npt elbow in there and ran a 5/8" water line to back of motor where I tee'd it and supplied both snails with a mist of water. Max rpm went up 400. Less water= Less backpressure= more power. Now I would say 75% of water goes out back of boat and only 25% is misting the exhaust. You definitely need the preheat too. especially with no thermostat. That is how I set mine up didn't want to risk a sticky thermostat and burn up motor. It gets over 100 degrees here in summer idle temp is 180-185 and running is about 165. Try it and see how it works out for you. Before I did mine the temp needle would barely come off cold and it would studder real bad when I got to around 5000. now it will rap 5400 all day. Oh yeah before my water pressure at the itake was pushing 30 psi. way too high. now it is about 5 psi. much more free flowing. No cooling problems now.

jim@pj
    AZKC Your pump is just about ready to ship , I'll call you in the next day or so. I'll square away your plumbing problem or any thing else that you need to work out. Be talkin to you , Jim performancejet.com 707-823-6713

skeepwerkzaz
    Jim,
    How is it hangin'? I bought a few things from you last season...i.e. hydraulic place diverter, basset mufflers, drive coupler etc. How have you been? Did you get anymore of your cool guy loaders yet? Let me know, I want one!!!
    Thanks,
    Clay Inskeep
    480-897-1450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast