Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHROME ANYONE

PLACECRAFT20
    BEFORE I POLISH THIS PUMP, HAS ANYONE CHROMED ONE? I HAVE A GOOD CHROME SHOP BUT I AM A LITTLE CONSERNED ABOUT TOLERANCES AFTER CHROMING.

XClutchboy725
    It is my understanding that chrome doesn't stick real well to aluminum. I think most chromers will bronze the piece first, then chrome it. Even then, I don't know how well that would hold up! I say powdercoat it. It's lots cheaper and more durable!

PLACECRAFT20
    I HAVE HAD VERY GOOD LUCK CHROMING ALUMINUM ON MY ATVS. IT HOLDS UP TO ALOT OF ABUSE. WHAT CONCERNS ME IS CHROME ADS THICKNESS TO WHAT IT IS APPLIED TO. IT IS HARD TO REDRILL OR RESIZE THE PARTS WITHOUT CHIPPING THE PART YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD.

Jungle Boy
    Looking pretty is nice, but it don't help you go fast.

PLACECRAFT20
    I THINK THE SAYING GOES "CHROME DONT GET YOU HOME BUT SURE HELPS TO GET YOU LAID"

Bense468
    I think the main concern is that the bowls are really shitty castings. They are pitted. Powdercoating tends to cover this up a lot better in my opinion

sidewound
    Anybody who knows chrome will suggest a triple plate on aluminum. I think it's brass copper and chrome. Or copper bress then chrome. As far as tolerances a good chromer can block out any part that shouldn't be chromed. I been chromin aluminum harley parts for over 30 years and it holds up good if it is indeed a triple show chrome plate. Buffing will be included in the price to bring a piece to a smooth stae before chroming. Hope that Helps. Peace Man
    CESAR

Duane HTP
    Be sure to check with your local coast guard. Some lakes will no longer let you put chrome parts in the water, due to some new EPA laws.

Sleek-Jet
    PLACECRAFT20:
    I THINK THE SAYING GOES "CHROME DONT GET YOU HOME BUT SURE HELPS TO GET YOU LAID" If it isn't fast, paint it. If that doesn't help, chrome it!!

77charger
    my buddy has his bowl and diverter chromed.Looks really good too.The bowl you can see some pitting but overall its a good job.the diverter looks like a factory finish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast