Thread: Bassett T Valve

Taylorman
    I changed my water cooling layout due to the addition of a rex thermostat. My cooling layout is like the picture below.
    My t valve takes a while to close all the way now. I think its because the t valve and the t for the engine inlet are close together. Has anyone ever tried to make the spring stiffer. I found that 1/4 inch flat washer fit perfect in the bottom of the t valve and would compress the spring a bit to make it stiffer. Has anyone ever tried this? The picture below is my setup. The water comes in off the pump from the left side of the picture. The rest is self explanitory.
    [ February 25, 2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Taylorman ]

The only thing I can think of as a negative is that the t-valve might open too late with the increased spring pressure. It's gonna be a trial and error adjustment but I think you're on the right track. There's a slight increase in pressure with the thermo unit vs. wide open and the Bassett spring is fairly light and sensitive.
    If you have further problems after tightening up the spring you might PM LVjetboy. I think that's his diagram and he's done more research and screwing with this stuff than probably everyone else on the forum combined. (no offence jer).
    If you need assistance feel free to call us Taylorman.

jim@pj
    It may be that you are getting too much pressure from the jet to the Tee. In most set ups the Bassett tee is set up on one of the thermostat outlets and the remaining outlet dumps over board through the transome. The outlet through the transome has a valve and this allows you to adjust pressue to the tee valve. Jim
    www.performancejet.com

btbuilder2
    sounds like you lack spring presure. pull the t,valve apart and strech the spring out alittle, that should take care of your problems!