Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: lake ming results for hbjet

565edge
    Well i made four passes this weekend at ming hbjet,1 pass resulted in a tie for a world record at a speed of 25mph,It tied with a 1978 yamaha 440 jet ski set over 25 years ago ,the next pass was better at 40 plus mph,I was having a fuel flooding problem due to shit in my tanks and my regulator kept sticking and overpowering the floats,i also had a electrical problem that kept killing the motor(bad new hvc2 coil).I got a new coil and and fixed the fuel problem so i was ready for sunday,first pass 94.5 mph at 5900rpm,pulled carbs back apart and find more shit,we clean them out and i jet down,second pass on sunday 96 mph at 6000 rpm.We come back to the pits and i knew then it was something else so we took the valve covers off to roll threw and check valve lash.Thats when i saw we were on 7 cylinders,I had a adjusting nut back all the off on my rockers and launched a pushrod out on 1 of my intakes,Must of happend last lake trip.I can say that on seven cylinders i did 96 mph at 6000 rpm,The motor usually runs up in the 7000 rpm range,I did get some pressure readings on the pump and learned the rope,I was not shacking as bad on sunday at the rope.Hbjet are you taking your boat out next race.I also had about 20 gallons of gas in it and a bow light.
    [ September 22, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

Bad Meds
    Is your boat white ? or mostly white ?

565edge
    Yes it is,Your boat is bad ASS,i wnated to meet some of you guys but didnt have a face to go with the name,I didnt get to walk around to much,were you wearing a bandana?

Sangster
    565edge:
    Yes it is,Your boat is bad ASS,i wnated to meet some of you guys but didnt have a face to go with the name,I didnt get to walk around to much,were you wearing a bandana? That was probally Quickshot/Darren Christle with the black bandana..

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    what happened to your avatar dipicting the bow light? That bow light is what seperates the masses......
    Omega

Bad Meds
    No bandana here ! I was on the rope when you were having trouble gettin down the track.1/4 mile takes a while to idle down eek! Glad to see you got it figuering out . To bad about the push rod It's always frustrating when things don't cooperate.We had a few gremlins ourselves but it was a great weekend !
    [ September 22, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Bad Meds ]

HBjet
    Good Job 565!
    Glad to hear you found out what was wrong and that the motor stayed together. What impeller are you turning, C? Anyways, I don't know when I'll have my boat at the drags, it all depends on when I get an impeller. I'm thinking the first race of next year. We'll see.
    HBjet

565edge
    Bad Meds:
    No bandana hear ? I was on the rope when you were having trouble gettin down the track.1/4 mile takes a while to idle down eek! Glad to see you got it figuering out . To bad about the push rod It's always frustrating when things don't cooperate.We had a few gremlins ourselves but it was a great weekend ! That 1/4 mile does take a long time to idle down,i didnt think it was going to end,I just ordered a couple of pushrods and a new rocker arm,I have t&d shaft rockers and cant figure out why the nut backed off?We were pitted on the island all the way to your left,we were to the left at the out ramp?Well have to meet up at the next race?Hbjet i think it is a b/c stainless berk,what rpm are you spinning at 94mph?I measured the impeller and the small end is 6.760 diameter,the big end doesnt look cut but the impeller is shaped different.On the berk chart it looks like a b cut?

HBjet
    I'm at the 5750-5800 RPM range when running WOT.
    HBjet

pops1
    565edge:
    Well i made four passes this weekend at ming You will get it all ironed out/ Forward Dave

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast