Thread: Got milk now

1973 Hondo
    Went home at lunch and ran the engine and had a milk shake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im sick of this sh$%$
    Brand new engine, just used the old intake and timing cover and and hang on parts!!!!!OLDS 455
    [ March 21, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: 1973 Hondo ]

sanger mike
    THAT SUCKS. just think , you have all summer to find the problem. burningm burningm

Wet Dream
    Ok, went home at lunch and ran the engine?? Was it in a lake, or on the hose or did you have the hose hooked up to it prior? You make have had too much water pressure if thats the case. Your hose pressure will break seals in either the intake mani or the water pump cover.

Mike, I'd bet a weeks paycheck on the milkshake being caused by the use of the "turkey tray" intake gasket. You need to use the composition ones--Mr Gasket part#404. Unlike the turkey tray, these can conform to irregularities and even machining variations to some degree.
    Did you replace the leaky fuel pump?
    [ March 21, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

cyclone
    which intake manifold gasket are you using? Is it the metal "turkey tray" gasket or a cork gasket? the metal gasket is really crappy. i had many problems with it leaking and milkshaking my last 455 motor. As soon as i switched to a cork gasket the problem was gone.
    Also, are you starting the motor up before turn the garden hose on? If you've got water injected OT headers and put water to them before the motor starts up then that can very easily fill up the cylinders with water if the pressure is too high.