Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place Diverter question.

FasterNU
    I noticed some other threads pertaining to one's inability to mount a place diverter on their pumps.
    More specifically it was a Jacuzzi Y.
    So my question is... what pumps besides the Jacuzzi Y WILL NOT ACCEPT a place diverter??? Will the panther's accept one? All Berkeley's??
    when I buy a used boat, I want to make sure I don't get stuck with a pump that can't mount one.

hack job
    FasterNU:
    I noticed some other threads pertaining to one's inability to mount a place diverter on their pumps.
    More specifically it was a Jacuzzi Y.
    So my question is... what pumps besides the Jacuzzi Y WILL NOT ACCEPT a place diverter??? Will the panther's accept one? All Berkeley's??
    when I buy a used boat, I want to make sure I don't get stuck with a pump that can't mount one. panther do not except a place diverter.they have to be snet out and a kit isinstalled on the current nozel on a panther. its not cheep like 800 bucks or so. as for berkley all will except place diverters. along with american turbine and dominators. good luck in your quest for a boat.

FasterNU
    thanks for the info! Sounds like it may be good to stay away from those if possible then. I want to have a rooster tail... I assume this should increase my chances of being flashed by hotties on the river
    One other question(most likely stupid)
    Is a "Jet-O-Vator" nothing more than a brand name for a place diverter???

FastRat1
    "Jet-O-Vator"...is what Berkeley calls there place diverter..it is not sold as a one piece unit by Berkeley anymore..only replacement parts..it works best on a split bowl pump (JG) cause u can add a droop snoot if u want..they are hard to find
    Ron
    p.s. my understanding is that American Turbine bought out Berkeley..so they may be makeing one as a complete unit

Duane HTP
    [ September 17, 2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]

Duane HTP
    I have a used Jetavator that I'd like to sell. $250.00.

hellbound
    hey Duane im interested in that jetavator does it come w/any hardware?

Place Diverters are available for Standard Berkleys and Berkley E's. (different models)
    also Jacuzzi W's (not Jacuzzi Y's)
    Place Diverter detail (http://www.rexmar.com/page128.html)
    Pricing (http://www.rexmar.com/price/ps128.htm)
    ----------
    Jetovator is a long outdated unit originally made by Berkley, old design. Parts are still availble from Berkley I believe. Berkley is owned by CP, not American Turbine, that was Dominator.

blownmoney
    jer, this is the way to go425 100 Place Diverter-Berk JG, JC, & Late Dom-Wht $387.95 ea

Bow Tie Omega
    Well, after a long delay, waiting for my boat to be finished at Barney's, I have the first Panther diverter tack welded together for the final fit. It should be welded up in the next week or two. I will be working on the control arms in the next few weeks. So far, it looks like it will really work well. If all goes well, the boat should be back together in jan/feb time frame and I can start testing it. If the tests go well, I will start selling it asap. Have already contacted a machine shop about cutting the parts for me. I know this all is old news, but I had to wait for Barney to finish the boat. It took a little longer then we anticipated. It will be able to use manual control or hydraulic. Less then half the price of panthers square tube in the nozzle also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast