Thread: setting pump intake.

1riverrat
    Is there any tricks to removing and setting the intake back in place. I would like to try to do this myself to save money for more pump work. thanks.

1Bahnerjet
    1riverrat:
    Is there any tricks to removing and setting the intake back in place. I would like to try to do this myself to save money for more pump work. thanks. There was a Thread on this subject a few weeks ago but now I can't find it!
    -----------------
    Drive what you own and like what you Drive

flat broke
    Don't use a saw...
    Seriously, though, do a search of the forum and you will find info on this topic.
    Chris

Spectra19
    Just replaced my intake about a week ago. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. To get the intake out took a cut wheel and ran it along the bottom of the intake where it was set in the hull. Then ran it along the inside as far as it would go making sure not to get into the glass. Then took a wonder bar and tapped it all along the edges to finish breaking the seal then it pulled right out by hand.
    As for setting it mine was new so did not have to clean it (make sure your intake is real clean) the intake has threaded holes in the four corners for a 3/8 bolt. You use these holes for setting it to the right angle was told about 4 1/2 degress. once it is set you can pull it out mix up some sea goin epoxy and set it once cured for about 24 hours drill out the holes and replace all of the bolts. Not to hard.
    Good Luck Scott

1riverrat
    I tried the to the search before I originally posted and only came up with post from the 19th to present. Thanks for the help.
    [ February 23, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: 1riverrat ]

sidewound
    Try resetting the length of time to show posts from in your profile Peace Man
    CESAR

1riverrat
    Thanks sidewound it was set for 60 days i reset for last year but only goes back as far as the 19th. thanks again.

jacuzer
    The thread is on Jan 20th and is named:
    CAN'T GET THAT DAMN INTAKE OUT ((HELP))!!
    search didn't work for me either.
    Kevin

1riverrat
    Thanks jucuzer that was the thread is was looking for, but the search will not bring it but I found it.