Thread: Stinger Jet

shirkey4750
    Anybody know anything about Stinger Jets? There is one in the local trader for $1200, set up for BBC. Also found a Taylor SS with 460 ford with new upholestry for $2000.00.

scorpionking
    if the taylor is anything it sounds like a good price,its hard to get on the water for under 2 grand,at least here in the midwest. if you have the know how and resources the other would be a good deal as well but a motor and all the goodies for a marine application,exhaust,plates,pump,etc can get costly...sometimes its cheaper in the long run to buck up at first and get a turn key boat instead of spending half the summer and lots of pains and busted knuckles to most likely spend the same thing in the end, this at least has always been my experience...there are always some nice turnkey boats on this forum for sale. whatever you choose, have fun.

shirkey4750
    Not worried about the restoration part, I'm riding a restored Sanger V-drive drag hydro now. Have built several v-drives and jets, just interested in the Stinger name, as to what kind of history it may have, handling, durability, etc. may go look at it just for a project. Working on a friends Taylor SS now, just rebuilt the pump yesterday. Mentioned the Taylor in case anyone was interested.

You might check the HIN to see if it's a Wriedt stinger.