Thread: Complete Twin Turbo Setup For Sale

flat broke
    Sorry to spam this again, but I really need to make a deal on the system. If anyone is interested in a great deal on what is probably the most complete twin turbo system you are going to find, check out this thread
    Thanks,
    Chris

Roger
    Hi Chris
    Hope to know the best deal on da turbos.
    Take Care,
    Roger

badbug
    what is the maximum boost this setup will make on 468 c.i.? Is this a bop around setup just for a little bump in horsepower or does it make really big boost numbers?

flat broke
    The question should really be, how much boost do you want to make? The system pulled over 10lbs at 5200RPM on my boat if I kept my foot in it that long. I had it on my 468 which was a basic setup with forged GM internals and rectangle port heads.
    If you want to pull more than 10lbs boost, that would be very easy. If you're running a V'drive, gear or prop down to pull more R's and ultimately more boost. Or you could modify the turbos to spin faster. In the turbine housing there is a bypass hole drilled in each turbo. You could weld closed a portion of the bypass hole and instantly create a higher turbine speed which would spin the compressor faster and move more air.
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask on the boards or via email.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Roger
    This system is detunded (drop pressure control) without wastegate?
    Must be an early trubo system?
    Or is this common on these types of applications?
    Still interested... hope you can get back with me on price?
    My 454 is 1970 crate LS 6 wtih 11.25 comp so thinking big boost not really needed, might work good in this way. Can always set little alky tank in their for a little misting.
    Got-to-go, picking up seat material today in Evansville.
    Paka
    Roger

flat broke
    Roger,
    I would not consider the system detuned. There are no wastegates per say on this setup. Boost is regulated by cam profile and the bypass hole in the turbine housing which controls how much exhaust gets routed to the turbine vs how much gets bypassed through to the discharge side of the turbine. If you want less boost, open the bypass holes up a little at a time, or change turbine impeller trim/diameter.
    As for the price, I'll PM you that information in a minute.
    Thanks,
    Chris