Thread: information

newbie Mike
    As the name suggests, I am new to a Jet boat. I am trying to place back into service a 1972 Biesemeyer day cruiser. In lieu of the original 454 Chevrolet engine, I am placing a ford 460 into service. Wow, I don't understand why ford parts are way more expensive than the chevrolet ones oh, well I already have the engine.
    Now to place this into service, I need the following
    feet for the engine mounts they are Hardin
    a drive line from the Jacuzzi 12WJ pump to the engine
    a steering cable that would attach to the steer master II helm, it is rack and pinion style
    and a forward/reverse cable attaching from the throttle control to the forward/reverse gate.
    new impeller for the Jacuzzi
    The local Marine dealer here in the Phoenix area has all the parts but the pricing indicate they must be made of some precious metal or at very least plated with a precious metal. Info

HOSS
    ebay for the jet parts. Boaters World had Teleflex rack and pinion steering kit (with cable) for about $120.00. You can also get the throttle cable there as well. Morse cables are great but cost. Replace the entire steering unit with above described. Its is cheaper. Just a cable will be damn near same price. Good Luck.

FastRat1
    there are alot of jet boaters in and around ur area that might be able to help u out on some of the things u need...AZKC....jetboater454....Bear_454PE...just to name a few...u can PM them and ask...they read these forums...as for cables...u might try
    www.summitracing.com or www.westmarine.com
    they both carry all the cables u need at reasonable prices...also...when reading these forums...pay attention to who has a Ford in there boat...they can be of great help...just my 2 cents
    hope this helps a little
    Ron

Floored
    http://www.banderlog.com/cgi-bin/ban...um/dcboard.cgi try the banderlog forum they have a trading post and may have good used parts with members or Jim Brock usually has either new or used parts at reasonable prices. use a new teleflex steer cable with the rack it works great and close to a bolt on. try also http://www.realjetboats.com/cgi/yabb/YaBB.pl in their parts section

77cobra jet
    hey there mike, this may be a little off topic but do you want to sell the 454 items you have since you are swaping over to a ford? i am seriously thinking of getting rid of the 455 olds and going with a 454 chevy. i would need the 3 point mount, exhaust logs if you have them and all motor accesories. i have a berk 12jc pump so i believe my 455 olds bell housing will work. i already have a 454 chevy that i need to build but would like to have these items on hand before i rebuild it or otherwise i will just put the money into the 455 olds. thanks john

newbie Mike
    sorry cobra jet, I already promised them to another person

AZKC
    Welcome Mike, heres some info.... my 2cents worth anyway. Most stuff you need is probably avialable from Rex Marine http://www.rexmar.com/ used stuff should be around also. You can fabricate the "feet" out of 3/8" aluminum angle if ya have the mounting plates for your 460. The drive shaft should just be an h-block pretty sre Rex has those. Jacuzzi impeller no help there I'm a Panther and Berkley guy.
    Have fun and good luck, and post some pics of your project we all like pictures
    KC