Thread: Droop Snoot's

sandblasted
    I've been thinking about adding a droop snoot to my boat..Ultra 21 ft XT model, dominator pump with Place diverter..anyone have any experience with 21 ft jet boats and droops..I've heard they can cause the boat to porpoise but also heard i can add 3-5mph to it...is it worth it?...My boat handles great and I don't want to mess with it if the Droop is going to make it porpoise all over the water...

jet4fun
    ive heard the same thing, and experienced it with some of my friends. my recommendation is to talk to a pro before installing one. i guess it all has to do with setup, and the size/power/etc... of your boat

pebo
    Installed a droop on my 21'Warlock with good results. Had GS Marine do the work. Picked up about maybe 2-3 mph, not 5. I would recomend it.
    I also have the Dominater pump. You should think about also doing a loader grate.
    Steve
    (still married with children)

76sanger
    see if you have any friends with a droop. borrow it and try it out. if it works... then buy one. if not then youve saved yourself some $$$. if you dont have any friends................ with droops, or any friends at all (just kidding) then buy one. if you try it and it doesnt work out, sell it to me at a great discount. if you cant offer a discount to me, we could always haggle argue over a good price.
    good luck with your droop. im in the same dilemna

Froggystyle
    I have a Place droop on mine (only one I recommend) and it did wonders for top speed and handling. Not to mention turning my roost into Godzilla. I am a big fan. (21 Ultra XS.. For Sale!)

sandblasted
    Thanks for the info guys...I'll probably go ahead with the Droop snoot install...See how it performs this spring when i hit the water again..