Thread: Pump Questions

M'sAvenger
    Hello i am new to this board.I have a 1981,18ft Avenger. The pump is a Berkley 12jc it has a AA alum. impeller. The pump is stock and was resently rebuilt.The motor is 468 BBC with roughly 600 hp,it will spin about 5200rpm,it will run 74 mph. I would like to up the mph as well as the rpm's. The cam is good to 6500rpm i would like to spin close to that. I read that switching to a B impeller that i might be able to spin close to 6500rpms. I would like to know what kind of machine work needs to be done to the pump and who you would recomend around the centeral part of the US. The boat is not ever raced but it is used for plesure and once and awhile a race agenced a freind on the water. If there is any other info just ask. Any help will be greatley appreciated.

HammerDown
    Central part of the Country...I would contact Duane Oblander from Hi-Tech Performance...the man knows his Pumps...for sure!

ChetCapoli
    I be willing to bet if i wasnt around this wouldnt happen...you know who would be all over this thread with that certain "click on link". Right hb??

rivercrazy
    Send it to MPD in Costa Mesa, Ca. NEVER heard any negative comments about the work or service.

sdba069
    I get no respect at all.Performance Marine is pretty good.As far as an impeller change,changing from an A to a B should net you around 400 RPM.That's the rule of thumb for a full cut change.I think cutting it to a B or B- would give you the best all around performance.I think if you cut it to where it would turn 6500,you would not be able to get it out of the hole very well,due to slip.Good Luck........
    Garry

ChetCapoli
    garry,
    get in the good graces of that HBJet guy and you'll have all the free advertising you'll ever need. One very important thing though...dont tell him you believe in those "brand x" impellers,or "brand x" anything for that matter... you'll be as good as done.
    CHET
    P.S. dont forget the donuts.