Thread: Tunnel Ram scoop gonna be needed

HotHallet
    If anyone has an extra polished Bassett or Dooley style tunnel ram scoop they would like to sell I am going to need one when the new motor is complete. Let me know what ya got and how much. Weiand tunnel ram, 460 Ford, carbs will probably be 750 DP's.

hack job
    travis you are going to need to know what center spacing will be needed ( what type of carbs you are running makes a big differance) just thought i would throw that out there. wink

flat broke
    Travis,
    Check out Ty's breather setup. With the K&Ns I belive you will see little Airflow loss compared to regular arrestor. After January I will be able to tell you specifically what at K&N element did comapared to an open carb and a full spark arrestor.
    We can do something like Ty's setup, or mine of you want. You provide the filters, and we'll do the aluminum to fit. Then you can coat, polish, or chrome as you like.
    Don't forget to let us know when you plan to pull the motor so we can give you a hand.
    Chris

Hotcrusader76
    hack job:
    travis you are going to need to know what center spacing will be needed ( what type of carbs you are running makes a big differance) just thought i would throw that out there. wink The type of Holley carburetor shouldn't be a concern, unless you're running a set of Dominators. The intake manifold will decide the center to center because all 4150 carbs have the same external mainbody/baseplate demensions.
    If it helps the Victor 2-R Inline top manifolds are 9-3/8" center to center with a 4150 carburetor.
    We carry the Dooley Air-Scoop, Tall version for $259.37, just send me the center to center and I'll get one ready for ya.

78Eliminator
    I have one with the 9" seperation. I think it's 9.75. Can't remember. Anyway, I bought it and NEVER used it. It was $300. Make me an offer.

GofastRacer
    HotHallet:
    If anyone has an extra polished Bassett or Dooley style tunnel ram scoop they would like to sell I am going to need one when the new motor is complete. Let me know what ya got and how much. Weiand tunnel ram, 460 Ford, carbs will probably be 750 DP's. I have a Dooley like new, 9 3/8 centers, $175 + ship!..
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12Scoop.jpg[/img]