Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water lines on a jet?????

86 catalina
    I am hooking up the water lines on one of my boats right now...I bought it unassembled and i dont know how to run the water lines >>>Can any of you jet guys help me out..Does it first go into the water neck or the front of the block off of a tee???Both of my boats are diffrent//whats up with that...any diagrams or info will out thanks guys..

86 catalina
    anyone got any info ...

YeLLowBoaT
    does it have water injected or what jacketed headers?????
    heres how it looks for water injected
    http://www.bassettracing.com/images/diagramjet.gif
    if water jacked you go the headers 1st then too the block then out your dumps.

lilrick
    I am hooking up the water lines on one of my boats right now...I bought it unassembled and i dont know how to run the water lines >>>Can any of you jet guys help me out..Does it first go into the water neck or the front of the block off of a tee???Both of my boats are diffrent//whats up with that...any diagrams or info will out thanks guys..
    headers or log style manifolds? It makes a difference on the plumbing.

77charger
    going to want to get a gate valve or 2 depending on exhaust.If headers go from pump to motorthenone from t stat outlet to a gate valve then exiting to rear of boat.The other coming out of gate valve will go into a t valve for headers thentwo lines out of t valves into headers.

SmokinLowriderSS
    headers or log style manifolds? It makes a difference on the plumbing.
    Yes, big difference, like reversed. :crossx: I just changed mine ov er from logs to jacketed headers. Those are different yet from water INJECTED headers. Only 1 controll valve needed on any setup, between the pump & the motor. A banderlog or similar valve is needed to controll water flow to injected headers but not for logs or jacketed headers. An outlet in the hull is needed with injected headers. For logs or jacketed headers all the water dumps out the exhaust ports.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Also, olds/ford or chevy? slight diff in parts there on the engines.

86 catalina
    It has water injected headers....and my other boat has through transom water logs/exhaust

probablecause
    Here is another drawing I have always found helpful...
    http://www.aflacracing.com/images/al...10001/logs.jpg

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ok, I don't have these but I have seen so many threads and post about thsese, here it is.
    Gate valve your incoming pipe from the pump so you can restrict pressure. Too much and you blow gaskets. That pump may put out over 300PSI if you have enough HP
    Water line from valve to the front of the engine, to a "T", split to the water pump cover(s) (no water pump), 1 plate on a ford/olds, 2 small ones on a chevy.
    Water line from the thermostat outlet (no t-stat unless you have a special kit for it) to the banderlog (or other, but that one is the name I remember) valve. This valve stops water flow to the headers near idle so none gets sucked into cylinders by reversion.
    Water line (1 each side) from the Banderlog Valve to the header supply manifold, and individual lines up to the header tubes.
    Water line from the other t-stat cover outlet to the overboard port in the hull. This gives someplace for the water to go when the banderlog is closed and gives excess water an outlet when running hard enough to suply the headers (you will have excess water). Follow this with the first picture/drawing posted and it should make good sense.
    All the people I know are running 5/8 ID line. I am running 3/8 x4 from my header manifold to the tubes and that should be way plenty there as well.
    Don't put a valve on the overboard to close it. First you waste $20 as you will never close it. 2nd, if you do close it & forget to open it or it gets closed accidentally, you will overpressure the cooling system at higher RPM/pump pressures blowing a gasket or more somewhere. Intakes, and head gaskets are the most comon victims. At best you milk the oil, at worst, you hydraulic a cylinder and bend/break expensive parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast