Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hook is gone & mph is up !

Jetty 468
    Removed the hook in my water plow and gained 8 mph . The ride is a day and night deal . Nail it through the roller's and you skip over them instead of banging through them. Under W.O.T. it dried it up about 5' and WILL get some air under her now . Nodoubt in my mind it's the MOST mph gain for your $$$$$ for these HEAVY 70's jet's !The amount of hook was a 1/4" .

Taylorman
    Who did the work for you?

Jetty 468
    Taylorman:
    Who did the work for you?Greg's Fiberglass ...

ChetCapoli
    I agree totally, mine is like night and day also. It's alot of work and i WONT do it again. If i didnt have help, i probably would have giving up half way thru and bought something else.
    Chet

Banshee
    Hey Jetty 468. I was wondering what kind of hull do you have.

malcolm
    You hear all the time about people taking the hook out of their boat. What they never say is how? What proceedure does it take to fix the bottom like that? What does a shop charge for such a feat? I'm asking because I see this operation in my future.

project-speed
    You can get more mph by removing that little hook? Sweet, Do you have any before and after pics?

Jetty 468
    Banshee:
    Hey Jetty 468. I was wondering what kind of hull do you have.75 Tahita It's on Liquid Addicition site (Thumper)
    Just put on T.T. Rewaders and the motor is MUCH better at W.O.T. before the headers motor kind of rolled over log's were holding her back .

Jetty 468
    malcolm:
    You hear all the time about people taking the hook out of their boat. What they never say is how? What proceedure does it take to fix the bottom like that? What does a shop charge for such a feat? I'm asking because I see this operation in my future.Some of these old hull's can be sanded out and some you sand and fill depend's on amount of hook and how thick the hull is . Most of the old 70's jet's have nothing but hull and alot of it which give's it so much weight and make's it DAMN HARD to get them going fast !!!!!! Some of the boat co. back then put hook in them to get on plain quicker and over the years on the trailer so much you can get a droop in them also . Mine take's a little more to get it on plain now which is o k with me for the NEW ride and speed it has now .ONLY cost me 450.00 to do mine he strap it and pick it up and did it from underneath it . Some take motor out and flip over which will give you a more detail job but cost you more!! If you don't know if you have the cancer under your hull Take a 4' straight edge from transom forward to see gap between edge and hull .

Jetty 468
    project-speed:
    You can get more mph by removing that little hook? Sweet, Do you have any before and after pics?Wish I did because this boat was a eye sore with yellow,gold metal flake and woodgrain rotten wood and dock and trailer ding's .The ONLY thing's reused were fuel tank's peice at a time took 5 damn long years to do it !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast