Thread: Gauges?

timitunnel
    Ordering new gauges this week, who makes the best and why u think that. Who has the best package deal. Tim

novaguy
    Timi,
    I need to do the same. The best package deal I found so far is from CP Performance. They are selling a set of Hardin Marine gauges for $150. Anyone know how good these gauges are? I am however thinking of getting the carbon-fiber autometer gauges. I think they look awesome. Spectrebrent has a set of Autometer white marine gauges for sale also for a good price ($275). They are too big for my boat though. Good luck.
    Rob

JetBoatRich
    I have all Rex Marine, I think they make good marine guages. You can match the boat with the bezels.

Bow Tie Omega
    I just bought a set of Gaffrig guages. Prices vary, Rex Marine has a blow out sale going on. I do not know alot about the others, but the Gaffrig's needles (appeture?) on the guages are fluid dampened for the rigors of boating. Guages take a beating on a boat (bouncing). Good luck in your hunt...Joe

waterslinger
    Rex-Mar.com is the place to go,big sale on gauges.
    I got a set of Auto-meter with the rex-mar logo
    white face 5 gauges and a tach for $135.
    In the boat now and working great. E-mail for pics.
    Waterslinger

spectras only
    Check the mercruiser gauges .They come black or white faced with domed lenses ,they won't fog.Quite accurate for the price, if you can't afford Gaffrig or VDO.

LVjetboy
    Don't know about package deals but I like Gaffrig. Couple of reasons. They have red backlighting. They have optional tell tail leds for things like water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure...etc. These leds are bright and get your attention even in full sunlight. Needles by themselves rarely do (get my attention that is) Finally, seems as if the bezel treatment is better quality than VDO.

Notice the paint chipped off the VDO speedo on the right, compared to the still like new bezel of the Gaffrig tach. Both are nearly the same age...+8 years.
    jer