Thread: Bahner daycruiser info needed

jetboy
    How did these boats run? I'm looking at buying a 21 foot open bow daycruiser but out on the east you dont get much of a chance to compare and contrast. Speed with stock 454? It's a jet by the way. Do they handle good? The guy tells me that it holds 40+ gallons in two tanks?
    How well do they work for sking or towing tubes?
    Are they good or bad in the chop?
    Any help would be appritiated Kevin

rivercrazy
    I believe the hull your looking at is a Eliminator Sport Cruiser 20.6 splash. If it is, its a great hull. 18 degree bottom with rounded keel, 4 full length lifting strakes, and reverse chine.
    Its a good all around hull that is relatively low profile but still passes on a good ride in modestly rough water.
    With a stock 330hp motor and a tight pump you might see 55mph. With a 390hp magnum 56-58mph.
    They are great for skiing, tubing, and all around use.
    Not that sure of Bahner's quality. But things to check for are hook in the bottom, take a close look at the pump (impeller, etc), obvious hull repairs, stiff steering/forward reverse shifter operation, quality of interior install (make sure the wood is resined and check for wood rot), etc...

disco_charger
    rivercrazy:
    I believe the hull your looking at is a Eliminator Sport Cruiser 20.6 splash. If it is, its a great hull. 18 degree bottom with rounded keel, 4 full length lifting strakes, and reverse chine.
    Its a good all around hull that is relatively low profile but still passes on a good ride in modestly rough water.
    With a stock 330hp motor and a tight pump you might see 55mph. With a 390hp magnum 56-58mph.
    They are great for skiing, tubing, and all around use.
    Not that sure of Bahner's quality. But things to check for are hook in the bottom, take a close look at the pump (impeller, etc), obvious hull repairs, stiff steering/forward reverse shifter operation, quality of interior install (make sure the wood is resined and check for wood rot), etc... Umm, yup, this about covers it. Good boats, you just don't want Rod to do your taxes.... wink

jetboy
    Thanks for the info on the bahner. From what I gather there pretty well built. What would a clean bow rider go for $$$??? The guy wants $8500 for it. Nice shape, real nice trailer, interior is good, needs work on the engine cover. It is an 1983.
    Thanks agian