Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small block jet boat

SmllBlkChvyGuy
    Hey i need to know if it is p[osibble to run a small block chevy in a 19 foot baja jet drive that had a berkley j pump and an a impleller.The small block i was thinking of would be a 383 . It dynos at 450 ft lbs of torque at 4,000rpm and 360 hp at 4500 rpm.

1HOTGMCJET
    ABSOLUTELY, SmllBlk - as long as you have the proper mounts, exhaust and driveshaft - you can run whatever you like! Most guys (myself included) run "rats", but there's NO reason you can't run a small block if you're properly equipped for it....Good Luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

SmllBlkChvyGuy
    Thanks man ive been getting told its impossible to make it run with a small block in front of that pump. I was told that by the local "guru"in houston.So its made me want to do it even worse jsut to shut him up lol.

Aduner2
    Check out the Jungle Boy's 434 thread.
    Small block on steriods. 91 mph with a B impeller. Impressive.

canuck1
    Small blocks all the way

fire on the water
    I was wondering the same thing but I saw a Howard day crusier last weekend @ Sagauro w/a 350, Berk. pump, droop snoot, & diverter. This thing kicked some ass! Good top end and good rooster!

Cheyenne19
    I am not the smartest person but I would think with that amount of horsepower from a small block that you should run a B or maybe even a C impellar. That will help you turn the R's that the sb is capable of. Is your A ss? I've got a B with my 468, and am looking at the possibility of getting an A.

jordanpaulk
    Originally posted by fire on the water:
    I was wondering the same thing but I saw a Howard day crusier last weekend @ Sagauro w/a 350, Berk. pump, droop snoot, & diverter. This thing kicked some ass! Good top end and good rooster!
    Cool, another Phoenix junkie. How has Saguaro been lately? That is my favorite lake to go to in the Valley. Probably even seen you out there. Perfect little boat lake. Doesn't have the ocean potential of Pleasant in the afternoon. We'll have to hook up one of these days and hit the beach.
    Jordy

fire on the water
    Jordy-
    Whats up man?! Yes, Saguaro is the lake to go to. I live in the Dobson ranch area and that lake is easy to get to and relatively smooth most of the time. I went Sat. afternoon, nice day ran WO all the way back hungout on the beach, not enough T&A so we came back in. Went back Sun. wakeboarded on a buddy's boat, great time. I've got a red n yellow 19'. I'll try to get some pics. Yeah we do need to hook up, I saw your ride its clean as hell! I need a good connection for boat help. thanks Tyler

jordanpaulk
    Originally posted by fire on the water:
    Jordy-
    Whats up man?! Yes, Saguaro is the lake to go to. I live in the Dobson ranch area and that lake is easy to get to and relatively smooth most of the time. I went Sat. afternoon, nice day ran WO all the way back hungout on the beach, not enough T&A so we came back in. Went back Sun. wakeboarded on a buddy's boat, great time. I've got a red n yellow 19'. I'll try to get some pics. Yeah we do need to hook up, I saw your ride its clean as hell! I need a good connection for boat help. thanks Tyler
    It's just killing me right now. My boat has been down for 2 months. Got it back and everything is ready to go but the motor... I am at the point of just buying a crate 502 and sticking it in there and be done with it.
    I grew up in Mesa, but bought a house a couple of years ago at 32nd St and Cactus. Saguaro is still my lake of choice. I am about half way between Saguaro and Pleasant but would rather hit Saguaro. On an average summer month, we average 5 trips, generally Sundays. They seem to be more kick back. We'll get out about one Saturday a month just to see whats happening with the wild bunch.
    As far as boat hookups, let me know what you need as I have a few connections.
    Jordy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast