Thread: look what lvjetboy did now

565edge
    I may regret this in the morning, but I drilled holes in my deck for a couple of horns...

I hated to do it but 8 gages on the dash no room for two more?
    Let's see, maybe I don't need a voltmeter? Just sorta guess if the battery's charging? Good plan, get stranded in the middle of Lake Mead with stray TS's heading my way. Forget that. Ok, no fuel gage, just carry an extra gas can in the back and time it? j/k How about no speedo or rpm? Nope. Those big holes don't fit other gages anyway. Well, surely oil pressure is important? Maybe no water temp just hope all's cool and flowing fine? I've seen otherwise...as it happened...before engine damage.
    Then there's water pressure. Could ditch that but what if the regulator goes bad and feeds too much pressure? Wait for milkshake to find out? Then post milkshake help! and wonder why no $40 gage to protect a $$,$$$ engine? Naw. Fuel pressure is nice when a filter clogs or a pump goes out and leans the engine....right? What does that leave? Oil temp and knock sensor. Neither essential I suppose, until she overheats or detonates from a bad load and blows my engine. Can't hear over pipes until too late. Well then, that settles it. The horns go on. Even if a bit retro.
    Then I see the latest HBM wee-drives with HUGE tachs mounted mid dash...no other gages in sight...and wonder...
    They don't care what the h*ll else's going on as long as the tach's cool everything's golden, right?
    jer
    Holly shit he cut his deck up!
    [ September 03, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

H2OT PURSUIT
    Got the same problem. Where did you get those puppies? $$?

for those of you who like lotsa gauges, get this system it does everything your gauges do plus wayyy more.costs waaayy more too.

littleC
    Have you guys thought about mounting those gauges off the transom back by the motor. If you do your fuel and Battery back there you can periodicly check them if you dont have an engine cover.

checkmate76
    You could also mount gauges under the dash, idea but that wouldnt look as radical as those horns!!
    nice job by the way!

Bense468
    Little C hey what are you doing. Let the guy drill his whole deck. Most of the gauges are funny anyway. They just make for more wiring mess. Water pressure? It fits LV though. So leave him alone.