Thread: Have a Friend Who needs a trailer

HotHallet
    Hello all. I have a friend who just got on the boards and has an 18 ft Rogers Cyclone. It is actually Cyclone's old boat. He would like to upgrade from a single axle trailer to a dual axle trailer and is searching for a used trailer. I anyone has one they would like to sell let me or him know. His screen name is Slapper.

jet4fun
    he would be better off just having his converted to a dual axle trailer, any competent trailer shop or hitch&weld place should be able to do it... and it is far cheaper then a new trailer or a deal on a used trailer that is propably gonna need other work done to it as well

tom b
    i have a good used tandom axle trailer that had a 19' hallet on it and i just picked up my new trailer today so it is sitting in front of my house as i write this tread, any reasonable offer will be concidered,it has new bearings new races new brakes new master cylinder all lights work,tongue jack and spare mount, call Tom cel# 714/620-5343

cyclone
    tell slapper to gimme all of the old airbag shit if he's going to get rid of the trailer. I'll put it on mine
    Oh yeah, the Boat Trader always has used trailers for sale in it and there is also some good used trailer dealers in Riverside. You can find their numbers in the boat trader too.

cyclone
    you know what, jet4fun is right. It would be way cheaper just to buy a couple of axles and convert the old trailer. All it would need is axles, springs, fenders and wheels. He could do it in a weekend. Otherwise, that trailer was in pretty good shape.

HotHallet
    Slapper- Go look at that trailer that the 19' Hallet was on. Chances are you will have to move the bunk mounts but that's easy. A little paint, some new fenders if they are all tweaked,new lights and wiring, and possibly new bunks and you are good to go. I don't know how hammered the trailer is but mine was trashed and it cleaned up beautifully. If you pay 500 we could probably get it looking good for about 600. A new trailer is probably going to run about 3,500 so do the math.

hack job
    HotHallet:
    Slapper- Go look at that trailer that the 19' Hallet was on. Chances are you will have to move the bunk mounts but that's easy. A little paint, some new fenders if they are all tweaked,new lights and wiring, and possibly new bunks and you are good to go. I don't know how hammered the trailer is but mine was trashed and it cleaned up beautifully. If you pay 500 we could probably get it looking good for about 600. A new trailer is probably going to run about 3,500 so do the math. i think that tandum axle trailers from extrem cost about 2700 and thats made to fit your boat. i can tell you from watching other people do stuff to there trailers it might be cheeper to buy one , but the hallet 19 ' trailer Tom B has i have seen and is pretty good shape , it would work also. iam not doging these trailer project cause iam aobut to go trough one in the next year.
    any how i would give Tom B a call and maybe do that , but the extremes are pretty nice. lol
    wink