Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wear Ring?

Frosty_pop
    What is this? Why is so much better? What pumps are they made for?

sidewound
    Hey FP,
    What's best is anyones opinion. I am using the ultimate because I'm working with Duane and that's what he recommended. The principle is sound to me. Check out High Tech Performance and talk to Duane. During my pump build he has given me a wealth of information and advice. (FREEBIE) Just ask him and he will be more than happy to tell you about the advantages. Ya want holeshot? He's got it! At least he convinced me. The test will be in the pudding.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Frosty_pop
    Ok.... I guess I should of asked what is diferent about it

sidewound
    The ultimate is a shouldered wear ring giving a surface for the front of the impeller to mate with instead of the housing. ASK DUANE!!! I'm no salesman but I do work on machinery for a living and understand the principal.
    Go to DA MAN.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Heatseeker
    It's also made of some kind of polyurethane(sp.?), allowing you to set your clearances tighter without damaging the wear ring surface on the impeller.

Duane HTP
    Actually, it releases the cofficient of friction between water and metal from one of the rotating surfaces. It makes the pump spin so much more freely than using metal wear rings. As far as setting it up tighter than the metal ones, we don't recommend that. If anyone has questions, please call me at 316-794-8616. I'm not a good enough typist to explain all the benefits of using one.
    [ May 06, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Duane HTP ]

Heatseeker
    I stand corrected. I didn't mean to give out the wrong info. I got that impression(tighter clearances)talking to Walt although he didn't exactly say that.
    Duane should know the scoop since the Ultimate Wear Ring is his invention!!!
    Sorry about that Duane.

Frosty_pop
    OK, I think I understand that. I always run a non metal wear ring, and I beleive it is shouldered....... is this just Berk thing, I run Jaccuzzi pumps.

sidewound
    Call or mail Duane.
    I'm thinkin he's got them for everything.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

Taylorman
    I know Dwayne is a super guy. I will be buying a new impeller and wear ring after I finish my engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast